Sunday, January 29, 2012

If You Don't Like Me, Then Don't Read This Blog



Folks, I'm going to be a little harsh here.  I've tried to keep my feelings stifled about a recent incident but I'm not going to anymore.  Now I am not addressing this to the casual reader of my blog.  I am addressing this to those few who read my blog who don't like me either from jealousy, envy or whatever.

Here are the rules on MY BLOG:


  • I write what I want to write on my blog. 
  • I do not submit to censors.
A few days ago a former friend read something on one of my earlier blogs that he thought referred to him.  It did.  I did not mention him by name but I did mention his casual rudeness and thoughtlessness along with some other folks I know who have taken my efforts on their behalf for granted.  This is one of those individuals who fails to see that he makes any mistakes and never, but NEVER apologizes for anything.  He is perfect, at least in his own mind.

There are others who feel that they are superior to me and feel the need to correct me from time to time.  To those people I say "save your time."   Go away and leave me alone.  And please, PLEASE don't read my blog if it upsets you THAT much.  Don't worry, I won't mention your name.  However, if some local folks figure out who I'm talking about, see them and tell them that you're the perfect person and I am the one who is in the wrong.  I'll take all the blame.  God forbid that someone should criticize you.  

Life is short as it is and now that I am seventy years old I just do not have the time to waste on people like you who are so easily offended.  So you've told me to go away and I'll return the favor, you go away too.

We all go through life making friends along the way and losing friends either to geography of death.  Sometimes we just have falling outs with friends.  Some of us are lucky and we make lifetime friends.  Those are the friends who accept us as we are, faults an all.  Anyone who is so sensitive and touchy that is so easily offended where offense was not meant, wasn't a true friend in the first place.  Sometimes it just takes me a while to find that out.

As I wrote in a previous blog "My Character Flaw", the blog that OFFENDED, I do have a character flaw in that I tolerate these kinds of "friends" as long as I have.  I tolerate them much too long.  

I have to be honest and say that sometimes I just get so tired of trying to please people.  I've done it my whole life and perhaps that's my biggest mistake.  I think my attitude of trying to please people makes some lose respect for me.  SOME PEOPLE, not all.  

For those I offend, stay offended.  For those of you who are my friends and who appreciate my friendship I say "thank you."  But for those of you who don't like me for whatever reason, please don't read this blog.


14 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly10:34 PM

    smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wondering if there is not some lunar cycle happening at the moment.

    Recently, I have also been going through a major turnover in friendships.

    In the past couple of months I have had long term friends decide their friendship with my recent ex (whom they have only know for a New York Minute) was more important than keeping a friendship with me.

    I have had friends drop me and I have dropped friends.

    I have made few new friends and reconnected with many old friends.

    There is even one friendship in limbo after an argument that has yet to take place, if you know what I mean... and if you do know what I mean, will you please fill me in??

    The great thing about people is we possess qualities which are good, bad and indifferent.

    Everyone has their own individual definition of exactly which qualities are good, bad and indifferent.

    It is up to us as individuals to decide if the bad qualities of another are so bad that they outweigh the good qualites.

    We can't control what other people say, think, feel or do, but we can control our own presence to be involved in that person's life.

    The same goes when the tables are turned. If someone cannot deal with our "bad" or tries to control our "good" then they need to move on.

    I have mixed feelings about this quote, but Marilyn Monroe was on to something here,and I feel it is suitable right now:

    "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, if people don't care what they read, they should go.
    When I started blogging/writing, a write/mentor gave me some words of advice and guidance. She mentioned I will surprised to find some readers won't like my writing or me, but will continue to read me nevertheless.
    One of the hazards of writing is being out for the rotten tomatoes as well as the applause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to your blog but happen to enjoy it very much. Life is way to short and valuable to waste time worrying about other people feel!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the title you've given this blog, Ron, reading it was irresistible!
    Further comment from me would be inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a reason it's "your" blog, and if they don't get that, let them read something else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Judy,

    Welcome to my blog! Thank you for your comment. I agree with you, life is too short to worry about what other people think of me. I am what I am and if they don't like it, then go elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ray,

    Thank you for your comment. Always appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bob,

    Yes, it is MY BLOG. This is/was something my former friend had trouble understanding. I think I came to this realization when he told me (in reference to my blog posting on my medications) "that's something I wouldn't of posted." Well, he DIDN'T Post it, I did. I grew tired of him scanning my blogs to criticize what I was writing. He was a bank vice president in his Previous LIfe, he's still acting like he's in charge. I don't need it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hank,

    Thank you for your comment! I LOVE the quote from Marilyn Monroe "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

    So appropriate. Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne Marie,

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dr. Spo,

    I always feel bad when I lose a friend. Like most people, I want to be liked by everybody but sometimes that just isn't possible. This current situation I think is a combination of jealousy and an inability to control me. My former friend was a bank vice president and he still acts like one (I was only an operations manager). The past year or so he has become very critical of just about everything I do. I tolerated his attitude but when he writes me an e-mail that ends in "Bye""...that's the end of the friendship. Sad but I will move on. You're right, I should expect the rotten tomatoes with the applause.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It would kill me to lose one of my Friends. You know, the ones that I've had for years and years. I've been on break so I missed what you wrote about. But I'm glad that you didn't mention him by name.
    I don't like to criticize specifically. If I have a problem with someone, I simply do not write about them. I've already joked about people that I don't know personally and that came back to bite me in the ass. And I felt sick to my stomach knowing that I offended some innocent person. For better or for worse, my guilt guides my writing.
    Take care, m.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mark,

    The friend I "lost" wasn't' a longtime friend. He was a friend that I made down here about five years ago. A couple of years ago I was alarmed when he suddenly dropped one of his close friends without explanation. That was my warning. The past year or so I have noticed that he was becoming increasingly annoyed with me and giving off vibes that he just didn't like me but I chose to ignore those feelings, hoping hey weren't true. But alas, he proved them to be true because he jumped on something insignificant (his name wasn't even mentioned) and used it as an excuse to end our friendship. He ended the friendship by a short e-mail and a "Bye!" which was more than he did for his other former friend in which he just ignored him leaving his former friend trying to figure out what he did wrong.

    No one likes to lose friends, least of all me but once someone tells me they don't want to be friends, it is not in my personality to beg them for their "friendship" back. That's not me and it never will be. Once that bridge is burnt, it is done.

    I know I'm not perfect (far from it!) but if you can't accept me as I am then I don't' want to be friends.

    A blogger friend sent me a quote yesterday (from Marilyn Monroe of all people) that fits perfectly in this situation:

    "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

    Well said.

    ReplyDelete