Good morning folks! I bet you didn't know I could sing. Hey, I didn't either!
Yesterday I posted a sad story from my past. I have written about my relationship with "Brad" before. Brad is gone now. I felt like I had to bring "closure" to that chapter of my life. I survived and for that will be forever (as long as I live) thankful.
All of my friends featured in the movie that I posted, are also gone now. With the exception of one friend, all of AIDS related causes. My other friend died of Parkinson's Disease. I alone survive. I don't know why, and I certainly don't have Survivor's Guilt, but I do know that this is the best time of my life.
This too I have written about before but it is worth repeating again.
Here is what I have to be thankful for:
- I live in a nice home and a great location
- I have a happy and contented long term relationship (married now) with Bill, my spouse. Fifty two years this summer!
- I have a good job
- I have good health (for a 74 year old anyway, arthritis is creeping up
- I have all the "toys" I ever wanted (mostly Apple "toys")
- I have several really good friends (you know who you are Larry, Bill P., Don McK. and especially Pat F.)
- I have time to enjoy what I really want to do in my life like genealogy research, gardening, taking photos, blogging, reading, and just enjoying life like getting up in the morning when I want too and taking a nap every afternoon
Perhaps most of all, for the first time in my life I have a friend who has similar interests like I do. A friend who isn't married to someone else, who can afford to travel with me, who is good company, who laughs easily, and who is a good soul. It took a long time but I found him.
On this post I dug into my photo and video archives to bring out a video we took back in January of 2015 during our visit to Hollywood, California. I have so many videos and photos I have yet to post from our first adventure in La La Land. I intend to post more of these "Ron and Pat Shows" from our various adventures. By the way, Pat is coming down this week for a week in Delaware and Philadelphia. More "Ron and Pat Show" videos on the way!
Have a great day everyone!!!!!