|Trim fat from chicken breasts|
Hi folks! Something light this morning. It's been awhile since I posted one of my tried and true recipes. Here is one that I make all the time. It is a very simple healthy recipe for cooking chicken but very tasty and elegant.
|Melt 1/4 cup butter in shiny aluminum pan|
This isn't my original recipe. I discovered it many years ago (late Fifties) when my father was given a special diet by his doctor to help with his heart problems. My father loved anything cooked in LOTS of grease, especially fried chicken. This is a recipe for chicken (I use boneless chicken breasts) that isn't friend and doesn't use any grease. However, it does use butter but only a minimal amount.
|Place breasts in pan to cook slowly in melted butter|
Here are the ingredients you need:
3 (or 4) boneless chicken breasts (or any other parts of the chicken you desire)
1/4 cup butter
1 sliced onion
salt and pepper to taste
|Place one sliced onion on top of breasts|
I told you it would be easy!
- Here's what you do now. Take a stainless steel aluminum pot (a shiny stainless steel pot seems to work best, don't ask me why it just does) and melt the 1/4 cup butter. Be careful not to brown or burn the butter.
- Next, place the chicken breasts in the pan.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts to your taste.
- Place the sliced onions over top of the seasoned chicken breasts.
- Cover the pan and cook on Low for approximately 30 to 45 minutes until the chicken begins to brown.
- When the bottom of the chicken has browned, turn over. You may need to add a small amount of water to the pan to prevent burning.
- Continue cooking until the chicken is a golden brown on both sides.
|Cook breasts in butter with lid on until browned|
Turn the fire off.
|Turn breasts over to brown on both sides, adding water if necessary to prevent burning|
Now you have a tender, tasty chicken that can be eaten as is or added to any other recipe.
I usually eat one chicken breast with fresh al dente string beans and French Fries (yes Virginia, I eat French Fries - oven baked without the salt).
I cool the rest of the chicken and make chicken salad with it to take to work at my nighttime hotel job.
This is ONE EASY TASTY RECIPE. You can't miss!