Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hibiscus



Hey folks, I'm still not in the mood for blog posting.  So I'm going to cheat today and make a very short post.  I took this picture this morning of my hibiscus plant that just bloomed today.

I'm going for lunch now.  I spent all morning cutting back my butterfly bush which was blocking Bill's view of our new river birch tree oval flower garden in our backyard.  Bill hates living down here in Delaware.  I planted the river birch trees and surround them with all manner of colorful flowers.  I find that soothes Bill and he might actually begin to like living here on the beautiful flatlands of coastal Delaware.

It is interesting but I find once I get away from posting my blog daily, I tend to let it go.  I can't do that.  There is so much that I want to tell and so little time.  This isn't what I thought retirement would be about at all.  I thought I would have all kinds of time to do everything I wanted to do.  That hasn't happened.  I'll tell you what though.  I am having the best time of my life.  This IS what retirement is about, finally doing with your life exactly what you want to do whether it be taking on a lot of projects or just doing nothing.

Right now I think I'll do nothing.  I'm feeling a bit lazy now.  Maybe it's the weather.  These 90 degree days with high humidity saps the strength out of me. I'll be back after my Power Nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment