Sunday, July 03, 2011

Couples

Wei and Mike at Poodle Beach, Rehoboth


Today was a mightily busy day.  This morning a friend who I met through Grindr last winter called to say he was arriving in town with his boyfriend for a visit and would like to visit with me.  I braved the heavy traffic into Rehoboth and we finally met after months of texting.  He is from mainline China and presently works in Washington, D.C.  With my ever ready iPhone I took this picture of Wei and Mike at Poodle Beach in Rehoboth.

Fred and Mark in my backyard near our new flower island (just completed today by Bill)


This afternoon I had plans to meet with a fellow blogger and his partner of twenty-years.  I had met him before but never met his partner.  Today we fixed that, he brought his partner along to meet my spouse Bill.   Again, two very pleasant and nice guys.  Again, with my ever ready iPhone I took this picture in our backyard of Mark and Fred.

Bill and me - 47 years today! (Bill has his eyes closed thinking "What did I do?")


Last but not least was the couple who is celebrating their 47th anniversary today, me and Bill.  This is one anniversary date that we could never forget, being one day before the Fourth of July.  My friend Mark (or maybe Fred, I forget which) took this picture of me and Bill.  Of course Bill has his eyes closed but I'm not hunched over like I usually am so I'm using this picture as our Official Anniversary picture.

Don's shrine to Tom Cruise in "Risky Business"

After a short visit with the four of us, we were off to Milton to visit our friend (and fellow blogger) Don V. Don showed my friends his Tom Cruise showcase.  Don has the original shirt and jockey shorts that Tom Cruise wore in "Risky Business."  He bought it on eBay and has it set up behind a display case in his dining room.  Then we were off to the Broadkill Boathouse for a relaxing Sunday evening repast.



All in all it was a very good day because I was also able to visit my friend "The Cajun" who is one of the hosts at Dos Locos in Rehoboth.

A day with friends whether they be old, recent or new.  This is what life is all about.  It just doesn't get much better than this.

18 comments:

  1. What a nice visit with new friends. I'm kinda jealous that you got to visit with Mark and Fred...I've got a blog crush on them. :)
    Again, your header picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, quite a post. Love to see long-term couples like that.

    And a shrine to Tom Cruise. Is that really original? How much did he pay for that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick,

    Yes, the clothes in my friend's shrine to Tom Cruise are the original (including the underwear) that Tom Cruise wore in the movie "Risky Business." My friend said he brought it off of eBay. He didn't say how much he paid for it. I've asked him before about other things he's purchased but I think he's embarrassed to have spent so much so he is reluctant to tell me. I don't push him on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin Delight,

    Fred and Mark are a delight! I hope you get a chance to meet them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A happy man is a man of honesty and sharp intelligence. So congratulations on your anniversary !

    Goodness of heart eclipses the genius minds as well as the incredible beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anne marie in philly3:47 PM

    such nice friends you have!

    hope you are having a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3rdnlong,

    Beautifully said. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Anne Marie. I do have some really nice friends. Sweethearts all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ron, I just got home about 30 minutes ago and of course, I'm here checking out your site.
    Thank you so much for inviting us over yesterday and then out for dinner. Next time, we must force Bill to come out with us.
    Your home and garden is just gorgeous. I haven't had an organized or clean house in about 11 years, 3 months now. I wouldn't know how to act.
    Tomorrow, I will download the photos and send them to you via Facebook. I have no idea what they look like but you can sort them as you want.
    Thanks again for meeting with us and getting us free from the kids for three hours.
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mark,
    I'm glad you got home safe. We enjoyed your visit. I have to a apologize for the choice of restaurant, it was quiet the last time we were there. Thank you again for the bottle of champagne (thank Fred), that was very thoughtful of him. I don't know what I was thinking, we should have broken open that bottle then and there. Have a wonderful summer and I'll see you at my family reunion Sunday October 9th in Downingtown, just down the road from our former home in Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tai,
    Thank you. I think the best and most interesting pictures are of people. All smiles this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like Alice seeing fellow bloggers together in one space. I need to find tha rabbit hole and come over to the otherside.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeff (aviewfromthemeadow),

    Come on over! The "otherside" is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Anniversary!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So that is the partner?! I finally got a glimpse of the rascal!

    Happy year to you both !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes Dr. Spo, that is my partner for the past 47 years. I call him "the Bill". He absolutely hates to have his picture taken. It took a lot of convincing for him to stand with me for the official 47th anniversary portrait of us (taken by Mark, our blogger friend who has the four little ones). Of course Bill has his eyes closed which will give him another excuse not to have his picture taken with me again.

    ReplyDelete