Monday, February 21, 2011

Not Enough Hours in the Day

Brother John on FaceTime today in Greenville, SC
The title of this blog says it all, ever since I've been retired I find that there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do.  I find this especially true since I have discovered the fantastic benefits of having an iPhone, iPad and iMac computer.  Steve Jobs should hire me as a spokesman for their commercials.  But then Mac products don't need paid commercials do they?  They sell themselves.


I know I've been tardy on my blog postings and the main reason is I'm still learning all the fabulous functions that my new iPhone performs.  My friend Don V. was over again yesterday for my latest lessons in the many uses of the iPhone.  We had agreed that he would only be here for two hours (from 10 to 12 noon) but that soon stretched to 2 in the afternoon.  Then even longer when I introduced him to how to make his own blog.  I think I've created a monster here.  Don is on his new blog, "My Life as a Saga" hot and heavy.  I suspect he will soon surpass me in having a very cool blog with many followers.  Don is one of those naturally talented guys who take quickly to all the cool new technology our digital age has to offer.  Sometimes I wonder where Don (who is 70) and I would be if we were just entering our formative years with all this new technology.  I think my 43,000 digital pictures are a lot now, I can imagine what they would be if I was working on them for forty plus years instead of the past few years as I have done.


I'm going to take a break from my iPhone lessons and get caught up with my other "retirement" activities.  Like I said earlier in this blog, how did I have enough time to do everything?


Pictured above on this blog is a screen shot I took of me talking to my brother John who lives in Greenville, South Carolina.  I just had to call him and tell him that I am now ahead of him on the new toys. He has the OLD iPhone.  John and I (or is it me? I can never get that grammar rule straight) and our other brother Isaac have the typical sibling rivalry.  We always have the need to one up the other.  I'm ahead now.  


I am so glad that my friend Don V. is showing me all the wonderful things I can do with my iMac, iPad and iPhone.  The only thing I don't have is an iPod but I don't think I need one.


I'm on FaceTime (another cool function) with Don now.  And I'm about to wear out so I'll finish this posting.  


More later!

7 comments:

  1. Ron,

    Hey, all these devices are supposed to make our lives easier and save us time, not take up all our time.

    "John and I" is correct. If it had been an object, then it would be John and me.

    But I know I am always busy it seems. I put some more movies out on YouTube today. I'm getting more into this IMovie thing.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father says the same thing about his retirement- he has no time anymore for all he wants to do !
    I envy this 'problem"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron, you've totally disproved the saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks!" You are amazing in the way that you embrace these new technologies.... better than me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is true Spo. I literally do not have enough time in the day to do even half of what I want to do. Maybe it's all the things I saved up in my life that I was going to do in my retirement that I'm doing now. If and when you make it to retirement you will find the same thing. All of my retired friends say the same thing. I don't know where these people are who say they are 'bored' with retirement. There is NO WAY I'm bored. In fact, I'm having the best time of my life. It is a combination of the freedom and realizing my full potential doing what I want to do rather than what someone else wants me to do. I love it and you will to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Buddy Bear for your comment. Yes, I am embracing the new technology. I don't want to be left behind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to the day when I don't have the time to do all that I want to do in my retirement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hanuman,
    You are right to look forward to the day when you don't have the time to do all that you want to do in retirement. I may complain but not really. I remember all those years that I wasted commuting to and from work on a train to only sit in a cubicle all day and put out fires all day then go home and do it all over again. I much prefer my life now, even though I never seem to have enough time to do everything that I want to do.

    ReplyDelete