Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Getting Back on Track




I am off the track folks.  I just can't seem to get back to my regular routine.


Yesterday I completed and electronically filed my Federal and state income taxes.  I carefully went over the figures once, twice and thrice before I pushed the 'File' button on my Turbo Tax program.  Last year I was a little to hasty in filing my taxes and I ended up having to file an amended return for the first time in my life.  I am very hesitant to do anything out of the ordinary with the IRS lest I get caught in one of their infamous whirlwind Catch-22's of hell where I end up renting a plane and crashing it into the local IRS building (not that I would ever do anything like that.)  So what happened after I filed it?  I come home from work last night (yes, I was called into work AGAIN to fill in for my co-worker - another reason I'm off track) and I find both of my returns were REJECTED!  Oh God!  


Not to worry though, it seems the IRS didn't want to use my electronic filing code number I've been using all these years since I've been filing electronically.  Okey dokey.  I call the phone number provided (at 12 midnight last night by the way) and was very easily walked through how to get a new electronic filing number.  I filed it and I don't see any reject as of this time (11:23 am) so I guess I'm all right, for now.


Next up yesterday morning, my call to TracFone. I got the new SIM cards in the mail and I was ready to call TracFone to activate both my and Bill's TracFone.  If  you'll remember, I transferred our old TracFone numbers to our new iPhones.  That was easy.  With TracFone.... not so much.  So I call and of course I get the woman with a heavy Spanish accent.  Of course.  Well, to spare you all the boring, painful details (which I know because I told my both my friends Don and Bob on FaceTime of my experience with TracFone yesterday and they both could hardly stifle their yawns) I was on the phone with different TracFone representatives almost FOUR HOURS!  Yes, Virginia, FOUR HOURS!


I finally got the problem resolved when I demanded to speak to a supervisor (who also had a Spanish accent - WTF)?  I finished just in time to eat a quick lunch and leave for work at 2:30.  I like to take a nap for at least an hour to be fresh for my 3 to 11 pm shift.  I couldn't do that yesterday and believe me I struggled.  In fact at one point I did drop off when I was sitting at my manager's desk watching TV (during a slow period).  


I work again tonight and tomorrow night.  Then I have Friday off.  


I think I've worked three days a week the past three weeks (I'm losing count).  Three days is pushing it for me.  I don't mind working where I work and I certainly can use the extra cash but it does throw my schedule off kilter.  In fact last night Bill and I were to go to a dinner at our friend Bob C.'s  I couldn't make it so Bill went alone.  Bill was just going to go over to Bob's and pick up the fish he cooked (I don't cook fish, it stinks up our house) but he ended up staying for the full blown meal.  I probably should be jealous but I'm not.  Bill and I trust each other totally and besides, we've always had an open relationship.  That's probably the main reason we're still together after forty-six years.  We're realistic and don't try to control each other although Bill always wants to know where I am which can be annoying at times.  


Well, enough this.  It's time for lunch then a nap and to work again tonight. 


I have all kinds of new fun and interesting blog subjects roiling around in my head that I'm looking forward to posting and sharing with all of you.  I think I've pretty we all beaten to death my phone tribulations and trials.  






Spring is coming, I can feel it in the air.  The bluebirds were checking out our bluebird house in the backyard today.  Of course the sparrows were fighting with them so there is another battle for me, to get rid of those sparrows.  Here we go again.

9 comments:

  1. No sign of Spring here yet. Another 2 months at least by my reckoning...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is only a few weeks away here Kim. A month at the most. I can feel it in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would you have to get rid of th sparrows? They're very noisy I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We did see a robin a couple weeks ago but I think that he flew back South!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hanuman,

    The birds are flocking in around here, checking out my bird boxes for nesting. That to me is a sure sign of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tai,

    The sparrows are very aggressive. They kill the other baby birds including the bluebirds. The sparrows are not a native species to our continent. The bluebirds are. The bluebirds are almost extinct because of the aggressive nature of the sparrows. The sparrows will kill the adult bluebirds and make a nest over the LIVE baby bluebirds. They have done it in my back yard. They have also killed the baby purple martins. We have more than enough sparrows. I'm trying to protect the native species of birds before they become extinct.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm coming to you a day late so, hopefully, you got some rest. I can't wait to see what you'll blog about next. I'm hoping for some more vintage pictures. And by "vintage", I'm taling about the Gay ol' 70s.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm coming to you a day late so, hopefully, you got some rest by now. I'm looking forward to see you blogging ideas. I'm hoping that you'll post some vintage photos. And by "vintage", I'm talking abou the Gay ol' 70s.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mark,
    You're giving me encouragement to post more 'vintage' pictures from the 70's. I'm a bit rushed again this morning so I don't have time to do a proper blog posting. I'm still trying to get back on track. I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete