Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Hawaiian Wedding Cake



Time to take a break from the serious blog subjects.  


Time for sharing one of our favorite family recipes, Hawaiian wedding cake.


I discovered this recipe about twenty years ago, from where I don't remember.  This is the favorite cake recipe of this house.  I've made a few tweaks to this recipe over the years to suite our particular tastes.  


And now I am happy to share our favorite cake recipe with everyone.

Hawaiian Wedding Cake

INGREDIENTS:

1 package yellow cake mix    
2 (20 ounce) cans crush pineapple, drained
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant French Vanilla pudding mix
1 (8 ounce) low fat Neuchatel cream cheese   
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts 
1/2 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Bake in a 10X15 inch pan, remove from oven and allow to cool. Spread drained pineapple on top of cooled cake.
  2. Prepare pudding as instructed on package and set aside.  In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.  Mix in the prepared pudding.  Fold in the whipped topping.  Spread evenly over the pineapple.
  3. Sprinkle top with coconut, walnuts and top with maraschino cherries.
  4. Store in refrigerator.

                

7 comments:

  1. I would if I could bake some cakes from recipes shared on this blogosphere :(
    I think that makes bloggers feel closer as members in a big family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to share my favorite recipes with my blogger friends Tai. Why can't you bake? No oven?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't bake. I don't even cook but this cake looks delicous.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,
    I do ALL the baking in this household. Bill does none. NEVER. He tried to cook at dinner once for me about 45 years ago. It was a DISASTER. Never again. I cook, he is the handyman around the house. This arrangement works fine for us. I also take care of the finances and he mows the grass. That works too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tai,

    No cake mix, pineapples, or Cool Whip? Maybe I take too much for granted living here in the U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorites Ron. Your recipe is very close to my mom's.

    ReplyDelete