Thursday, February 17, 2011

Having Fun With My New iPhone

A Toon Picture Don took of me yesterday with my iPhone
I'm having a LOT of fun with my new toy, my iPhone.  Oh I know one of my regular blog readers left a comment saying "enough with the i whatever."   I'm sorry folks, I can't help myself.  I'm fascinated with this new technology.  


Tonight I took my iPhone to work and tried the FaceTime function with my friend Don V. and Larry M.  How cool!  It worked both times.  I tried it with Bill but all I saw was black.  He could see me but I couldn't see him.  I think he had his thumb over the camera portion of his iPhone.  Bill has a lot to learn.  He thinks the iPhone takes pictures like magic.  Well, it does in a way.  Remember the Dick Tracy comic strips of the 50's where he could ACTUALLY talk into his wrist watch?  That seems so quaint now doesn't it?


Well, I'm glad I got the iPhone, iMac and iPad.  Now I can synchronize all my information together and have fun doing it.  For too long I kept my contacts in a little black book in my shirt pocket.  My calendar reminders were on a calendar in my kitchen.  I financial information required multiple sign ons.  Now I do all this through one portal.  My life has just been made much more efficient.  Which is just in time because I'm starting to get more forgetful.  I keep telling myself that I'm not getting dementia but that fear lurks within me.  My Mother's last years were progressively worse with her dementia.  Both of her older sisters had dementia.  My father didn't.  Maybe there is hope for me.  I hope I don't have it.


But in the meantime I'm going to make my life much easier with all this new technology.  I am so thankful to my friend Don V. for pushing me in this direction.  


Now if I can only get TracFone to assign me new numbers.  I've been working on them for two days now to do the simple function of assigning new numbers to my old TracFones, which I am going to keep as backups in our vehicles.  I don't see any reason for throwing them out.  


It always amazes me that as far as technology has come, there are still pockets of our modern world that finds the simplest function so difficult to accomplish.  

5 comments:

  1. Ah modern technology :) I'm still trying to understand how wi-fi works myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're convincing me to retire my BlackBerry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savante,

    Sometimes I feel like I'm riding a wave with my toes clinging on the surfboard. It's fun while I'm upright but a big wave could wash me off that board so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick,

    I never used a Blackberry but I don't think I would like that teeny, tiny keyboard. iPhone and iPad have the best keyboard. It's big enough but disappears when you no longer need it. I have a feeling that Blackberry keyboard is going to go the way of 8-track tapes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am slowly learning the basics of my 3 day old Iphone, like turning it on/off and taking a photo. Jolly good fun. I think I will be 50 by the time I figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete