Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I Love My iPhone!

A big smooch for the object of my affection
Count me in among the multitudes who love their iPhone!  


With the help of my good new friend and experiences Mac user (27 years) Don V., we got both of my new Verizon iPhones hooked up yesterday.  The whole process took us several hours because I was transferring  both my and Bill's phone numbers from our TracFones to our new iPhones.  I had problems with the TracFone support folks but not with Verizon.  I was caught in a Catch-22 loop with TracFone.  I called Verizon for help and they were wonderful.  Wonderful!  A young lady named Kelly went out of the box and "pushed" my portal transfers through and viola!  Both of our new iPhones work!  And I am here to tell you cannot express how much I appreciate Don's help and Kelly's help yesterday.  Thank you folks.


I know I've been away from my daily blog posting updates and believe you me, I feel it.  I feel a little "hurt" when I don't post. But there are just so many hours in the day and yesterday I was so exhausted after those hours of being on the phone to transfer my phone numbers.  And then there is the continuing training on how to use the iPhones and all it's wonderful features.  


I am so fortunate to have Don V. share his vast Mac experience with me to show me all the wonderful features that an iPhone is able to do.  I won't go into detail here because I don't have the time.  I just got another call from work asking if I could come in today to fill in for my co-worker Lisa.  Over the weekend Lisa took a bad tumble skiing and asked to switch times with me on Monday.  That was another reason I didn't blog post on Monday.  Then yesterday I was so exhausted that I took a long nap before my company came over for dinner which I had already prearranged.  Ron is a busy little bee as you can see.


Lisa was supposed to take my hours tonight but she called in today because she had an adverse reaction to the medication she was taking for her injuries from skiing.  I don't mind going in because I LOVE MY JOB but my tight little schedule here is leaving precious little time for anything else.  


I did manage to vacuum the first floor today and I'm doing the wash now.  I got a haircut this morning and I'm washing the clothes now.  Just a busy little bee I am.


I'm going to have a little lunch now and a nap and then I'm off to work tonight.  I'm working tomorrow night too so I don't know if I'll have time to blog tomorrow.  


This is one retiree who doesn't have to concern himself with finding something to do to fill the hours of the day.


By the way, I do think I detected Spring on the horizon this morning when Bill and I were tooling down Rt. 1 to the Safeway Shopping Center where I get my haircut.  I could be mistaken but there definitely were some twinges of Spring in the air.  


Bring it on, I AM READY!

8 comments:

  1. I'll be honest, I'm a DROID fanatic when it comes to phones, not a huge iPhone lover. But I'm so glad things are going well with the phone and especially VZW. Not that I'm biased or anything... they just happen to pay my bills, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love when a warm breeze hits you out of nowhere? I can feel the Spring coming too. Congrats on your phone deal. Once again, you are way ahead of me.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:18 PM

    I'm happy your music is back, but I don't want to read any more about your i things.

    (keeping it simple)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that Don has been so helpful with your iPad and iPhones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan,

    I have nothing to compare my iPhone too. I had a TracFone before. Talk about a switch. I've heard of Android but I never used it so I can't compare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark in DE,

    Yes, Don has been very generous with his time and patience. He has been very helpful. I appreciate his friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark in Harrisburg,

    You GOT TO GET an iPhone. You don't know what you're missing. Yes, I anticipate many more spring breezes caressing my face.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spo,
    Set yourself up for Facetime. It is so easy. It's already on your iPhone. Just call someone else (like me if you wish) to test it. It works and is very cool. Spo, this is one of those features you'll wonder how you lived without it. Believe me.

    ReplyDelete