Thursday, December 09, 2010

Cape May-Lewes Ferry

Me on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry before departure to Cape May


Yesterday I finally boarded the Cape May-Lewes Ferrt and made the trip to Cape May.  


Ever since I moved to Delaware four years ago (November 2006), I wanted to take the 70 minute trip from Lewes, Delaware to Cape May, New Jersey.  The only problem is that I didn't want to do it by myself.  I would prefer to make my initial trip with friends.  Yesterday that happened when my friends Jack and Judy asked me if I would like to accompany them on a day trip to Cape May.  I immediately accepted.


Thus on a cold and windy day, I made my virgin voyage to Cape May.  The trip was a success!


I was mightily impressed with the futuristic building that is the Cape May-Lewes Terminal in Lewes.  The trip over was very pleasant.  I didn't get seasick.  In fact, I've never gotten seasick. I like the gentle rocking of the boat.  I am definitely a water person.


Jack and Judy took me on a tour of Cape May, which is just as beautiful as everyone has told me over the years.  My friend and former boss Bill P., who has a summer place in Cape May has often told me I would love Cape May.  He was right!  I love the gingerbread, Victorian style houses  I especially like the grand hotel called Congress Hall.  Wow.  


Come this summer I will be making many more trips on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry.  I'm looking forward to it.  

4 comments:

nitewrit said...

Ron,

You commented: "Have you considered putting all of your posts about the trails you have traveled in a book form?"

Yes, I have and I have all these posts gathered together under the working title. "A Writer Walks and Writes of Walking".

So do you think I should keep the Blog going in 2011 or not?

Lar

Ron said...

Lar,

Great minds think alike! I think it is a good idea to put all your walking posts in a book form.

To answer your question "So do you think I should keep the Blog going in 2011 or not?" My answer is that it is how you feel about it. I enjoy my blog posts. 90% of the reason I do my blog posts to to provide an outlet for my need to write. I do get some reinforcement when I receive positive comments from some of my "fans." But that isn't the main reason I have the blog. I've always written and it make me feel good to write in a public forum even though not many people read it or care about it. I also keep a journal and NO ONE reads that. So, it's how you feel about it Lar. I enjoy reading your blogs. However, I find it hard to find your previous posts. Sometimes I don't get to read them everyday and when I go back to find your previous posts I can't find them the way you have your template arranged. Last night at work I spent about 20 minutes looking for some of your older posts and I kept going under "Older Posts" but I couldn't find them. Maybe you should check your layout. It's not too user friendly.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ron,

I'm so glad you enjoyed your day trip to Cape May. I've been there twice via the ferry & have really enjoyed it too. I also enjoyed the two bus trips I took to Atlantic City. I wish we had the time & money to do more traveling that way. My husband travels alot for his job & enjoys driving but he really enjoyed these trips too.

This is an extremely busy time of year for us. Last night our granddaughter & we were guests of honor at the Ruritan Christmas dinner. Tonite is our towns first Christmas house tour & next week we will be traveling to Lancaster, PA for my husband's company Christmas dinner. Between all that & three dr's appointments, Christmas shopping to finish, decorating to do & dinner to plan for I'm breathless to say the least. Oh yeah I forgot the Christmas cards. Geez....now I am in a state of panic.

Byeeeeee
Fran

Ron said...

Fran,

Yes, I did enjoy my trip to Cape May on the ferry. I definitely will be making more trips, this time in milder weather.

Wow, Christmas is a busy time of the year for you! I'm too old for all that activity now. Bill and I just returned from the Walmart in Milford (grocery shopping.) Bill said it was "crazy" and won't go back until after Christmas. I used to get caught up in all the Christmas activity but not now. I like just a "little bit" of Christmas which is fine with me. :) I"m blad you're having a good time. Be careful and don't trip and fall when you're caring a load of gayly wrapped Christmas packages to Grandma's house! :)
Ron

My World Is Shrinking

  Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953.  My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...