Thursday, December 09, 2010

Cape May-Lewes Ferry

Me on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry before departure to Cape May


Yesterday I finally boarded the Cape May-Lewes Ferrt and made the trip to Cape May.  


Ever since I moved to Delaware four years ago (November 2006), I wanted to take the 70 minute trip from Lewes, Delaware to Cape May, New Jersey.  The only problem is that I didn't want to do it by myself.  I would prefer to make my initial trip with friends.  Yesterday that happened when my friends Jack and Judy asked me if I would like to accompany them on a day trip to Cape May.  I immediately accepted.


Thus on a cold and windy day, I made my virgin voyage to Cape May.  The trip was a success!


I was mightily impressed with the futuristic building that is the Cape May-Lewes Terminal in Lewes.  The trip over was very pleasant.  I didn't get seasick.  In fact, I've never gotten seasick. I like the gentle rocking of the boat.  I am definitely a water person.


Jack and Judy took me on a tour of Cape May, which is just as beautiful as everyone has told me over the years.  My friend and former boss Bill P., who has a summer place in Cape May has often told me I would love Cape May.  He was right!  I love the gingerbread, Victorian style houses  I especially like the grand hotel called Congress Hall.  Wow.  


Come this summer I will be making many more trips on the Cape May-Lewes Ferry.  I'm looking forward to it.  

4 comments:

  1. Ron,

    You commented: "Have you considered putting all of your posts about the trails you have traveled in a book form?"

    Yes, I have and I have all these posts gathered together under the working title. "A Writer Walks and Writes of Walking".

    So do you think I should keep the Blog going in 2011 or not?

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lar,

    Great minds think alike! I think it is a good idea to put all your walking posts in a book form.

    To answer your question "So do you think I should keep the Blog going in 2011 or not?" My answer is that it is how you feel about it. I enjoy my blog posts. 90% of the reason I do my blog posts to to provide an outlet for my need to write. I do get some reinforcement when I receive positive comments from some of my "fans." But that isn't the main reason I have the blog. I've always written and it make me feel good to write in a public forum even though not many people read it or care about it. I also keep a journal and NO ONE reads that. So, it's how you feel about it Lar. I enjoy reading your blogs. However, I find it hard to find your previous posts. Sometimes I don't get to read them everyday and when I go back to find your previous posts I can't find them the way you have your template arranged. Last night at work I spent about 20 minutes looking for some of your older posts and I kept going under "Older Posts" but I couldn't find them. Maybe you should check your layout. It's not too user friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:12 AM

    Hi Ron,

    I'm so glad you enjoyed your day trip to Cape May. I've been there twice via the ferry & have really enjoyed it too. I also enjoyed the two bus trips I took to Atlantic City. I wish we had the time & money to do more traveling that way. My husband travels alot for his job & enjoys driving but he really enjoyed these trips too.

    This is an extremely busy time of year for us. Last night our granddaughter & we were guests of honor at the Ruritan Christmas dinner. Tonite is our towns first Christmas house tour & next week we will be traveling to Lancaster, PA for my husband's company Christmas dinner. Between all that & three dr's appointments, Christmas shopping to finish, decorating to do & dinner to plan for I'm breathless to say the least. Oh yeah I forgot the Christmas cards. Geez....now I am in a state of panic.

    Byeeeeee
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran,

    Yes, I did enjoy my trip to Cape May on the ferry. I definitely will be making more trips, this time in milder weather.

    Wow, Christmas is a busy time of the year for you! I'm too old for all that activity now. Bill and I just returned from the Walmart in Milford (grocery shopping.) Bill said it was "crazy" and won't go back until after Christmas. I used to get caught up in all the Christmas activity but not now. I like just a "little bit" of Christmas which is fine with me. :) I"m blad you're having a good time. Be careful and don't trip and fall when you're caring a load of gayly wrapped Christmas packages to Grandma's house! :)
    Ron

    ReplyDelete