Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Get Gifs at CodemySpace.com
Here I am up way early on this cold morning of Christmas Eve.  I go to work today at 6:30 am.  I'm filling in for my co-worker Blare who is taking the next three days off to be with her two daughters.  Blare works the day shift (7 am to 3 pm.)  My usual hours are Wednesdays and Thursdays, the second shift 3 pm to 11 pm.  Yes, I am a Nighttime Person.  I work part time at the hotel on the front desk two nights a week.  I also fill in for my co-workers when they are on vacation of sick.


Years ago when I got my first hotel job at the Pittsburgh Hilton hotel, I quit after three months because I didn't want to spend a career working holidays and weekends.  For thirty-five years I worked in banking.  When I left banking I went back to hotel work, part time in 1998.  I've been working at hotels ever since with a few breaks.  It is ironic, but now I don't mind working holidays and weekends.  Obviously my priorities when I was 21 years old (living for the weekends to spend time with my friends at the bars and nightclubs) and when I was 57 years old have changed.  For the better I might add!


So, as I prepare to go into work this cold Christmas Eve on the Delaware coast I want to take this time to wish everyone a very

Get Gifs at CodemySpace.com

9 comments:

  1. Ron,

    That Santa at the top of your Blog is enough to scare the kid's sox right off the mantlepiece.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron, our needs and priorities do change, as does our sense of self. The important thing is to be happy. Hope you both have wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lar,
    I took that Santa picture last year at J C Penney's at the Dover Mall precisely because that was a mean Santa. I have other pictures of a dad trying to get his obviously scared to death crying kid to sit on this Santa's lap. I had to stop taking the pictures because Santa wasn't too happy with me taking these pictures. Bad Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holidays to you too Hanuman Das!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kyle (one of my favorite surnames by the way),

    You're right, as we age our priorities do change. I am very happy with where I am now. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a great festive season, and the visitors to the hotel are good tippers :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kim! No tips yet but I'm blad I have a job. I hope you have a happy Festivus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very merry christmas to you !
    I am so glad to have you as a blogger buddy!
    I hope 2011 is the best year ever for you !

    ReplyDelete