I don't know where to start with my response to Obama's cave in last night to extending the Bush tax cuts for the rich.
Even though I knew he would give in to the Republican demands for tax cuts, I felt sick to my stomach when he made the announcement last night. My feeling was one of betrayal.
Remember what he ran on? NO TAX CUTS FOR THOSE WHO MAKE OVER $250,000.
Another campaign promise broken.
Here is a partial list of campaign promises that Obama has not kept:
- End of tax cuts for families making over $250,000 a year - Obama said he will support an extension of the tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans for two years
- No taxes for seniors who make less than $50,000 a year - since Obama was elected president there has been no mention of this campaign promise
- Withdrawal from Iraq - we're still there
- End of DADT - Obama's Justice Department appeals court rulings that attempt to stop expulsion of gay service members until if and when Congress repeals the DADT law
- Withdrawal from Guantanamo Bay - we're still there
- End of wireless wiretapping of American citizens - we're still doing it
- End of torture - we're still doing torturing