Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hair

The right sider of my noggin - so wrong - too much hair - uneven




Last week I got a haircut.  


Last week I got a bad haircut.


I didn't realize it until I got home and washed my hair.


The right side of my head has about three inches more hair than the left side.  What could my barber be thinking?  What was I thinking?  Do I have to check my haircut every time I leave?  Apparently I do.


I've been using the same barber for about four years.  He is an old Italian barber.  Most of my life I've been using Italian barbers.  They are a dying breed.  I don't go to stylists.  I don't need to pay a woman $45 to wash my hair and give it a half assed trim and then need a haircut again the next week.  I did that once.  All I got was the boobs hanging in my face when she washed my hair.


No, I'll take the manly haircuts that the old Italian barbers serve up.  As I said, they are literally a dying breed.  I'm hoping my 80 year old barber Dino outlives me because if he doesn't, I'm screwed.  


I've had women cut my hair.  I never got a good butch haircut from a woman.  I'm not being sexiest here, I just never, never have gotten a good haircut from a woman.  


I don't know what was on Dino's mind last week but this lopsided haircut just won't do.  I was going to wait out my haircut and live it until I go back to him for my regular six week haircut.  I can't do it though.  I'm waking up in the morning with a hair drift on the right side of my head.  I look like a dark haired Conan O'Brien.


The left side of Noggin Ron - the way it should be - I'm lopsided
Nope, tomorrow I get this fixed.  

8 comments:

  1. A new cool hair style I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron,

    I looked at the opening picture and thought you got yourself a toupee. I also found it funny because I just started writing a new post today that the first picture featured our hair.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one way of looking at it Vurong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lar,
    Are you saying my hair looks like toupee? Wow! Now I know I have to get it cut short if it looks like a RUG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have similar issues and have been trying to draft a blog post for several weeks now addressing it. I was embarrassed because I thought I was the only one who had barber issues. After reading your post I now have the courage to come out of the bad haircut closet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cubby,
    First thing this morning I went to the barber. He fixed it. Wasn't too happy but hey. Then when I came back home I watched President Obama sign into law the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. Is this a good day or what? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. much better now !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ron, thankfully I've had a good stylist for the last fifteen years. I had a horrible time with barbers all my life; my hair has a natural curl they don't know hoe to deal with.

    $45 is ridiculous for a stylist; Deanna changes me $18, plus I give her a generous tip. That's for a pre-wash(to get the product out of my hair),cut, and after rinse if I want it.

    Keep looking for someone better than the person you have.I'm sure you ca find better.

    ReplyDelete