Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year 2011

 HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 Pictures, Images and
Photos






A  very happy Lucy New Year to everyone!


Tonight balls will be dropping all around the country bringing in the New Year. 


Everyone will be celebrating the onset of the New Year in his or her own way.  


These are my plans:

As I sit here at my computer on this sunny, cold Friday morning on New Year's Eve, I think back to the past year and wonder in shock and awe at how fast this past year flew by.  

Each year as I get old the days, weeks, and months and even years fly by like the pages of those calendars in an old Forties movie.  That's my life flipping by folks!  Wow.  Time is running out.  This old hourglass is almost out of sand.

So did I have a good year last year?  I certainly did.  Every day I can get out of my bed and put both feet on the floor and have my wits about me, is a good day.  And last year I was able to put feet to the floor for 365 days!  Yes indeedy, it was a good year.  And for that I am very thankful.  Thank you oh Great Spirit in the Sky.

This year, for the first time in a several years I will not be working at the hotel.  So I invited our dear friend, The Retired Banker (no names please), to join me and Significant Other for a New Year's Eve repast.  I have been cooking all morning.  

What's on the menu? 

  • Beef Vegetable Stew 
  • Green Bean Casserole
  • Corn Bread
  • Stuffing
  • Egg Nog Pie (made with real egg nog and HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM - sans the diets tonight)
The Retired Banker and I will probably imbibe in some spirits from the vine.  Significant Other will drink his Diet Pepsi (a gourmet diner he is not).  


For conversation we will:


  • Catch up on the latest gossip
  • Whine about our latest medical conditions
  • Tease each other with gentle insults
  • Discuss our plans for the New Year
Around 8 o'clock Significant Other will retire and go to bed.  He usually goes to bed around 7 pm (he gets up at 4 am) but will stay up "late" when his good friend The Retired Banker is over for dinner.

Usually The Retired Banker and I continue our discussion into more serious subjects in the hour or two hence when Significant Other goes to bed.  I'll ask him if he wants to stay up late and watch Dick Clark gargle through another Rocking New Year's Eve .  This year I want to check out CNN where Anderson Cooper is teamed up with D List Star Cathy Griffin.  I want to be there when Cathy finally outs Closet Case Anderson.  Maybe The Retired Banker will want to stick around for that spilling of Anderson's beads.  However, if he does he knows he will probably be subjected to me repeating some of my old War Stories again.  I'm not sure if that's a price he want to pay to stay.  Probably not.  I won't be offended if he doesn't stay

Right after this posting I'm going to take my first walk in about a week.  This cold Artic weather has been holding me back from stretching my 36" inch long legs for at least a week now.  Snow is still piled by the roadway but I do see a path for slapping my size 12 feets to the ground.

My best wishes to everyone who reads this blog and I hope you all have a very happy and prosperous (you get a lot of money) New Year!


I hope you get everything that you deserve.







14 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too Ron! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron,

    I see my latest post has shown up in your Blog list as it should.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope it's a good one for you Ron. Meanwhile, you have a Rambling Beard Award waiting for you over on my blog. Do pop by to collect it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 2011
    I don't want what I deserve: I want what I don't !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tai! The best to you this New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Hanuman Das! Happy New Year to you too. I"m glad we're friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes it has Larry! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year to you too Kim! I have a Rambling Beard Award awaiting me on your blog? How cool! I'll be by to pick it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spo,

    You're a nice guy and I wish you nothing but the best in the new year.....and always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. P. S.

    I like that Lucy 2011 gif. Expect to see that on my blog next year which is about 25 minutes from now. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 36 inch legs...my God!

    Best to you and yours for 2011 (and beyond) may it be your best yet! Cheers to health, happiness and "lots of money" for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rick,
    I have LONG LEGS. To put it in perspective, MIchael Phelps, the Olympic swimmer who was the multiple winner of many Gold Medals, has a 30 inch inseam. We are both the same height, 6'3". Only difference is that Michael Phelps is all torso. I'm all legs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Ron!

    ReplyDelete