Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day



Today is Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day today folks.  Dan Cathy, president of Chick-fil-A has proudly announced that he and his company DO NOT APPROVE of marriage equality.

Hey, I'm all for free speech.  Dan Cathy and his like can express their disapproval of my right to love who I want to but I also have the right to not do business with his business because I DO NOT AGREE with him.  That's the way it works Dan Cathy.


I wonder if Dan Cathy knows how Anita Bryant's campaign against gays turned out.  Anita was fighting crusading for "family values", like gay people don't have family values.

Here we go again folks.  A delusional, arrogant "family values" man decides to end all this nonsense about same sex marriage, which is really marriage equality.


Here's a clue Dan Cathy, YOU'RE GOING TO LOSE.

Ah, I remember the good old days of Anita's "Crusade Against Gays."  Those days were my heyday in Provincetown, Massachusetts, the gayest resort in these United State of America.

Below is a video that played in on of our hangouts in Provincetown, always to much cheering from the audience, straight and gay.  Yes, pray for us Anita.


12 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly1:04 PM

    hey anita - bwhahahahahaha and FU2!

    I can get chicken at 5 other places near my house; I don't need my chicken with a side of hate! oh yeah, conservatives: STFU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      "A side of hate", that a good way of putting it. The owner of Chick-fil-a has a right to have his views but not to publicize his hate through his business. That's what I don't have to do busines with the hateful bastard.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Jeff in Chicago2:38 PM

    LOVE your blog - it's always different and always entertaining. I think you might enjoy "Randy Rainbow's" day at Chick-Fil-A as he waits on various Republicans:
    http://youtu.be/jiZLFjbqDxQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeff. I'll check out that Youtube video.

      Thanks!

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Anonymous5:27 PM

    I have never eaten there and now for sure I never will!

    Cindy from sonoma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,

      Actually, their food is quite good but I won't go there again. Hateful people, they just don't get it.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. I find it ironic people are pushing for 'family values' by
    a) eating high fat, high sodium, high cholesterol junk food - the more the better?
    and
    b) eating out when meals cooked at home/a family dinner is the true backbone of family values; few families do this anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      I wonder, how many families today actually sit down to dinner around the table each evening? I doubt very many. When I was young and living at home, no matter how poor we were (and we were plenty poor), we always sat down to dinner in the evening....every day. Interesting how that tradition has disappeared today.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. As usual, Dr. Spo is right on the mark.

      Delete
  6. You hit the nail on the head. Here in Atlanta his views have always been known so its no real surpises and for years Chk Fli has been refered to as Jesus Chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger,

      Mr. Cathy has a right to his views but when he is taking my money then donating the profit to gay hating organizations like the one who wants to export gays, then that's where I exercise my freedom of speech and don't patronize his establishment.

      Delete