Wednesday, August 08, 2012

My Visit to the Dermatologist

Me all patched up out in front of Casa Tipton-Kelly


Just got back from a visit to my dermatologist.  Had to have a little patch and repair work done on the old puss.  All those years of laying on the beach "working on my tan" are coming back to haunt me now.  Yes folks, I'm one of THOSE OLD GUYS who has to visit his dermatologist every six months (or less) to have removal done of suspicious spots on my skin.  So far, no skin cancer but I do have the pre cancerous condition called keratosis.  Lucky me.  Foolish me.  Paying the price me.

So this morning Dr. Ellen removed four spots from my bod.  "All on the right" as she said, which I think made it easier for her.  First she had to put a needle in each suspicious skin lesion to numb it.  The first on on my upper right chest didn't feel too bad.  But then the one right below my right ear...OWWWW!  Man did that hurt!

Next up a spot on my right cheek.  That Mother hurt too!  Then the best, the keratosis "horn" on the tip of my nose.  OUCH!  Man oh man!  YEW OW!

She removed three of the lesion by "punching".  The last one (on my nose) she had t o shave off.  All will be sent out for biopsies.

Ron patched up


Next up, an appointment with a new doctor to check out what is the matter with my right leg.  I think it is arthritis, because I can hardly bend my knee.  My knee cap is swollen.  It hurts like a bitch whenever I stand up.

I'm telling you folks, I'm falling apart!

What was it Bette Davis said?  "Getting old isn't for sissies."  


9 comments:

  1. Ron,

    How swollen is your knee cap? Maybe it is a touch of bursitis.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,

      My leg is a little better now. At least it's not getting worse. Of course I always think the worse, like I have cancer of the leg and I lose my leg. You know me.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. bette is SO right on! hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      Bette was ALWAYS right! I miss her so.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Yes, it is not easy growing older when we are in pain and/or falling apart.
    Just like a car that has to have parts replaced or tuned. Not much we can do about it, so we might just get over it and do what we have to do. It is inconvenient but as long as we are not in a hospital... but still able to handle our chores... I'll take it. Don't you look cute all patched up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      The car analogy is one that I often use when encountering the aches and pains of growing old. This old jalopy is still chugging along albeit with a few more problems every day.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. My father calls himself 'the spotty monster" when he goes to the derm MD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      That's what I'm turning into, a "spotty monster." I got a laugh when an acquaintance of mine complained about his first wrinkles. Hell, I've had wrinkles since I was 30 years old. Wrinkles are the LEAST of my worries. My face is disappearing!

      Ron

      Delete
  5. "All on the right" as she said, which I think made it easier for her. First she had to put a needle in each suspicious skin lesion to numb it. The first on on my upper right chest didn't feel too bad. But then the one right below my right ear...OWWWW! Man did that hurt! Dermatologia

    ReplyDelete