Monday, August 20, 2012

Sam Stein - My Man Crush

Sam Stein from Huffington Post (adorable!)


What's your "type?"  You all know what I mean by "type" don't you?  The type of man (or woman) that you find sexually and emotionally attractive.

I have many "types".  I like the "truck driver" type.  You know, the skinny, bearded, greasy, southern hillbilly "type" who is usually missing a few teeth.  Bill calls them "trash."  Whatever, they usually turn me on but only sexually.  There is absolutely nothing to talk about with them.

What isn't my type is the usual.  You know, the Brad Pitts and James Franco.  ZZZZZZZZ.  To me they're about as exciting as watching paint dry.  I also don't go for the current flavors like Michael Phelps.

Right now I have a serious man crush on a political reporter who works for Huffington Post.  His name is Sam Stein.  Oh man oh man, every time he comes on TV I stop EVERYTHING and WATCH.  I just can't get enough of this man.

So what is to like about Sam Stein?  Well, for one thing he is very handsome.  But there are a lot of guys who are very handsome.  They do nothing for me.  Maybe that is because they are all to aware of just how good-looking they are which is an automatic turnoff for me.  I've known a lot of handsome guys.  And I'm not ashamed to admit that I've made it with a lot of handsome guys.  I honestly can't remember one that really turned me on.  However, some of my most erotic and satisfying relationships have been with average looking or even homely guys.  Know why?  Personality.  PERSONALITY!

Most of my TV time is watching MSNBC.  I watch "Morning Joe" (can't stand Joe Scarborough), "Hardball", "The Ed Show", "The Rachel Maddow Show", and most of the daytime political talk shows on MSNBC.  Sam appears often on these shows.  And whenever his shy countenance appears I stopped whatever I'm doing and am GLUED to the TV.  God do I ever love this guy!

So what's to be done?  Well, I'm pretty sure Sam is straight.  He's married but as you all know that doesn't mean a guy is straight but I think he is.  My gaydar meter doesn't even register when I see him on TV.  But my other "meters" register.  Sad to say but I'm sure my fantasy will never be realized.  But I do have a TV and Sam is young.  Seeing Sam adds pleasure to my day.  Thank you Sam.

So now you know my little secret.

My fantasy - Sam seeing me enter a restaurant for our secret rendezvous

12 comments:

  1. Now we're talking! I love tell-all blog posts. I wish I had the courage to "tell all" on my blog - but I know that if I did, 95% of my readers would abandon me. They're mostly middle-aged farm women who can't relate to the gay scene.
    I've never heard of Sam Stein, but if I ever run into him I'll send him your way.......

    When I was young and wild in Hollywood, I didn't care much what a guy looked like. If he was alive and willing to drop his pants, I'd go for it. When I was twenty-two, I had a fairly torrid affair with a man in his 50's. He owned a famous club on Santa Monica Boulevard.

    One of the most handsome guys I ever had a relationship with was named Phil. We were both twenty-three and he was just out of prison for armed robbery. I could write a book about the incredibly reckless things we did - - including having sex in a stolen car. He later crashed the car that night on a country road. We went over a small cliff.

    The other night I watched a dumb horror movie called "Dead Silence", starring Ryan Kwanten and I just about fell in love with him. He's an Austrailian actor - - and I discovered that he's gay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      Every now and then I just let it all hang out and write what I really think. Of course I would be very embarrassed if Sam Stein actually read my blog.

      I don't actually write a "tell-all" blog. Oh man, if I ever did I would lose all my friends. ALL OF THEM!

      I had a different experience when I was young and wild. I never went for the sex with anyone just to have sex. Couldn't get into that scene even though most of my friends did. I was (and am) too much of a romantic.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. well hello there sailor!

    the top 3 things I want in a man (in this specific order) are intelligence, kind eyes, a nice smile. a hairy bod and a good sense of humor help too. but without intelligence, the point is moot; there will be no interacting.

    a guy has to capture my mind before he can have me totally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      You "top 3 things I want in a man" are mine too! I have to have kindness and intelligence, especially kindness. I like a hairy bod too but that's way down on the list. If someone is truly kind to me they're a long way ahead in my estimation. All the rest of the "requirements" would be nice but not necessary. Cruelty and selfishness always turn me off, no matter how good-looking the guy. That's why I don't like Paul Ryan. Although I initially attracted to him but once found out his cruel (he is a hunter) and selfish (he wants to do away with all social safety net programs), he has turned into a monster to me. I don't see the "cuteness" anymore.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron, very funny! Maybe Sam will see you across a crowded room one day and scream out his love for you on first sight! But I think Bill would be upset.
    Crushes are fun and so are fantasies. And I completely understand the hillbilly pick-up truck one. That one does it for me too!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are funny Mark! The chances of Sam Stein seeing me across a crowded room and falling hopelessly in love with me has about as much chance of happening as Mitt Romney to stop his congenital lying. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. Still, it is nice to fantasize. I think Sam is ADORABLE.

      As to the "hillbilly pick-up truck guy", you are only the second person that I know who has the same fantasy. Those guys just turn me on to no end. They're dumb as a bag of rocks but man oh man, do they ever turn me on. What is the matter with me?

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Anonymous8:47 PM

    Cute expose! I have always thought Sam resembled Pee Wee Herman a little bit...but 'beauty' or 'handsomeness', if you will, is in the eye of the beholder. Did you know that functional MRI [fMRI] has proven that gazing at the countenance of someone you find attractive elicits the same brain response as would cocaine? Heady stuff !!! (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,
      Very interesting. I did not know that information. Thank you for your comment.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:23 PM

    Straight female here, who loves Sam Stein. Calm, assured, intelligent. And that soothing voice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a mad, mad crush on Sam too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on this page for the exact same reasons that you stated in your post. Sigh! Sam Stein is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw him again this morning on "Morning Joe" and love his facial hair.....well trimmed. No doubt the carpet matches the drapes!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete