Sunday, August 05, 2012

Anne Marie of Philly

Anne Marie (wearing a Dr. Spo shirt creation) and me last summer
One of the wonderful things about blogging is meeting and making new friends.  We can never have enough friends, right?

Since I've been blogging (first blog 2005 then a couple years' hiatus before I took it up in force in 2007) I have made several new friends.  Unfortunately I've also lost a few friends who either took offense to what I was writing about of were frustrated because they couldn't control what I wrote.

One of the new friends that I made wasn't even a blogger but a woman who almost always left caustic, funny and witty comments on my blog.  She is one of those rare people that I have never offended with any of my blog postings and believe me, I've offended plenty.

Anne Marie in her Dr. Spo shirt checking out my garden oval


What is this woman's name?  Her name is:

ANNE MARIE OF PHILLY

I had the good fortune to meet Anne Marie in person last summer while she was in town (Lewes) visiting another blogger (Mark of Delaware) and his partner.  I made arrangements to meet with her in Lewes.  I took her on a mini-tour of Milton, Delaware, the hometown of Dogfish Brewery.  I also brought her back to Casa Tipton-Kelly to meet THE OTHER HALF, "My Bill."  Anne Marie and Bill hit it off immediately.  Everyone likes Bill and Anne Marie was no exception.  It was a mutual admiration society because Bill LOVED Anne Marie.

Anne Marie at the Dogfish Brewery in Milton, DE

When I met Anne Marie I suggested that she start blogging but she said she didn't blog.  Well folks, I have great news!  Anne Marie is blogging.  Here is a link to her blog.  Check it out.  You won't be disappointed.

Welcome to the blogosphere Anne Marie.  A warning, it is addictive.  You are going down a road from which there is NO RETURN.

Anne Marie talking to Dr. Spo live on my iPhone (FaceTime)

20 comments:

  1. oh sweet FSM, I was a chubby thing a year ago!

    having dropped 30 pounds over the past year has made me less chubby, but I don't change much from year to year. hopefully another 30 pounds will make its way offa my body (and onto someone else's) this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      I think I got a few of those pounds!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. I saw yesterday that she had started blogging and put her on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      I eagerly look forward to Anne Marie's posts!

      Ron

      Delete
    2. don't know who you are, but thanks for following me! :)

      another voice to the mix makes a pretty picture!

      Delete
  3. I nearly fell over when I got the news: my simultaneous thoughts were "Hot puppies!" and "Well, it's about time"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      When I first read that Anne Marie was starting a blog I didn't believe it at first either. When she visited last year I urged her to do a blog but she said it wasn't for her. I am surprised and glad that she has decided to take up this addiction called blogging.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. "hot kitties"; fixed it for you, dear spo! :)

      Delete
  4. It's great to meet fun people through blogging, and AMinP seems like a real fun person! I see her comments on many of the blogs I read regularly. Glad to see she's giving it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt,

      Anne Marie is a delight! And yes, she is a real fun person, in person and in her comments to others' blogs.

      Ron

      Delete
    2. I'mma add you to my blog roll! bons baisers!

      Delete
  5. Lovely pics, Ron. Yes, I too am 'over the moon' about A.M. starting her own blog. She was too important to catch only through comments on the blogs of others. But she's already going 'great guns' at it. (Oops, one her pet dislikes, I think). I'm going to have to dedicate part of the day towards 'A.M. time' in order to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,

      We're all looking forward to Ann Marie's posts. If her posts are anything like her in person, we are in for a treat!

      Ron

      Delete
    2. my head is gonna assplode if all y'all don't stop with the compliments!

      Delete
  6. I've always loved her ISBL comments and now i can return the favor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Bob! Anne Marie is a sweetheart in person. Just as funny as she is in her comments. I love her!

      Delete