Friday, August 10, 2012

Cream of Zucchini Soup



If it's summertime, it's time for my fabulous cream of zucchini soup!  Sure, you can make this soup anytime of the year but the availability of fresh zucchini and dill in the summertime make this a Must Do for summer recipes.

I prepared another batch this afternoon and I am going to share this summer fresh veggie recipe with you all now!

CREAM OF ZUCCHINI SOUP

1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 medium chopped onion
2 small cut unpeeled zucchini 
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
4 tablespoons minced fresh dill
1 cup milk


  • In saucepan combine chicken broth, chopped onion, and zucchini.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes until zucchini and onions are tender
  • Put half the mixture in a blender; puree.  Put the remaining half in blender and puree all until smooth.
  • In saucepan melt the butter.  Stire in flour, salt and pepper.
  • Blend in half a cup pureed mixture until smooth and no lumps.
  • Blend in flour into flour and pureed mixture until smooth and no lumps.
  • Blend in milk slowly until all is blended.
  • Blend in remaining pureed vegetable mixture until all is smooth.
  • Sprinkle top of soup with minced dill.
  • Cook over low heat about five minutes.
  • Season to taste.
  • Enjoy!












7 comments:

  1. I had some very naughty thoughts regarding that first picture! (tee hee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      I didn't realize, phallic symbols galore!

      Ron

      Delete
    2. takes a dirty mind to notice the naughty bits; you must live a clean life! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I only wish I had an interest in cooking! Looks right up my taste-buds-street! (Though I have to cast my personal veil over the chicken-broth!) I'm salivating all down my T-shirt at your pictures, Ron - which is NOT a pretty sight. AND not a trace of garlic either. Goody!

    Why don't you sell the recipe to Heinz so I can pour it straight out of a tin can? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,

      I'm not a fond of cooking as I was in my younger days but this soup is just so good, especially with the fresh summer zucchini available, that I had to go to the extra trouble of making it. No garlic necessary in this soup Ray, although I do like garlic.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. I wrote down the dates for this recipe and the potato salad of July 29 so I can find them easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      I made my all time favorite tonight, Swiss Steak. I learned this recipe from my Mother when I was a teenager. I don't think I ever wrote it down nor have I ever seen the way I make it in a cookbook. But it is so good. I will post the recipe in my next blog posting.

      Ron

      Delete