If it's summertime, it's time for my fabulous cream of zucchini soup! Sure, you can make this soup anytime of the year but the availability of fresh zucchini and dill in the summertime make this a Must Do for summer recipes.
I prepared another batch this afternoon and I am going to share this summer fresh veggie recipe with you all now!
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 medium chopped onion
2 small cut unpeeled zucchini
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
4 tablespoons minced fresh dill
1 cup milk
- In saucepan combine chicken broth, chopped onion, and zucchini. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes until zucchini and onions are tender
- Put half the mixture in a blender; puree. Put the remaining half in blender and puree all until smooth.
- In saucepan melt the butter. Stire in flour, salt and pepper.
- Blend in half a cup pureed mixture until smooth and no lumps.
- Blend in flour into flour and pureed mixture until smooth and no lumps.
- Blend in milk slowly until all is blended.
- Blend in remaining pureed vegetable mixture until all is smooth.
- Sprinkle top of soup with minced dill.
- Cook over low heat about five minutes.
- Season to taste.