Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Going Viral



Ron and Bill - 1978

Yesterday my posting of the "then (1964)" and "now (2011)" picture of me and Bill on the "Gay Marriage USA" Facebook page went viral, much to my surprise.  This after an innocuous e-mail from my cousin Tim Tipton suggesting that I post a photo of me and Bill to  the Gay Marriage USA Facebook page.

A few minutes ago I see where that posting had 40,868 Likes, 2,198 Comments and 5,864 Shares.  Wow.  My Fifteen minutes of fame has finally arrived at the grand age of seventy-one years.  Who knew?




So, my goal is to read all of the comments and acknowledge the positive comments.  Of course there are more than a few negative comments of which I will not acknowledge or even engage in conversation, learning long ago that when a person is that insecure in their own person and fearful of two men (or women) loving each other, it is a waste of my time to try and convince them otherwise.  And I definitely don't feel as if I have to defend myself.  What is there to defend?  Finding the one true love of my life and living a life that all too few people live, a life of true happiness?  Yes folks, I know what I have and what they don't have and will probably never have, happiness.  




Reading the comments I came across several from the Reverend Fred Phelps.  You know him don't you folks?  He's the one who gets his congregation to show up at military funerals and blame the death of those soldiers on gay people, who he calls "Fags."  Yes folks, I have arrived.  I have stirred the ire of the Hate Monger in Chief, Fred Phelps.  To tell you the truth, all I can do is smile.  


Rev. Phleps preaching the gospel




10 comments:

  1. Ron, your story is truly inspiring and I'm astonished at how quickly it caught fire and generated so much positive feedback.

    If there's one thing I hate, it's negativity.
    "Spoil Sports" can't wait to leave negative comments. It seems to be their career.
    Fred Phelps is so completely obsessed with homosexuality that I wouldn't be surprised if he was a closet queen. I'd like to kick him in the ass so hard that he'd see hell close up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      It never ceases to amaze me at how many people get upset when two men (or women) love one another. Why should it bother them? Why do they feel threatened? Is their hold on their marriage that tenuous? Amazing.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron,

    I went down through a lot of the other posting on that Facebook site. It is amazing how far and away more reaction you and Bill got. (Must be Bill's magnetism.) I hope this doesn't go to your head and you don't have time for us nobodies. Course if you are going to answer all 5,000 plus comments you may be busy for a while.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,

      You hit the nail on the head! It was Bill's magnetoism that is drawing the large reaction!

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Wow, who knew indeed! This is great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark,

      I'm loving it, especially getting under Fred Phelps skin. I feel like I accomplished something.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. fred phelps can suck mah balls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      I'm sort of glad Bill and I got under Fred Phelps skin.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. The hotel in March will be quite booked up !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      The event is shaping up to be quite a to do! Bring your horns.

      Ron

      Delete