Saturday, December 15, 2012

On Children

Bill Kelly (my partner in the coveralls on the right) with his mother, two sisters and half brother - Georgia - 1933
I don't have children but I grieve for those parents who lost their children yesterday in Connecticut.

I just cannot imagine the depth of their pain over the senseless deaths of their children.  

I usually update my blog posting daily.  I've been trying to think of something uplifting to post to wash away this sickening feeling I have.  This overwhelming sadness that I feel now.  

All I can think of is that twenty young lives were ended extremely violently.  Twenty young people who would never grow up to have their own families and their own children.  

While watching the coverage today on TV, one of the commentators quoted Kahlil Gibran which I thought so appropriate at a time like this. 




6 comments:

  1. "...sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself."

    That line has always thrilled me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geo.,

      I'm not into poetry but I do like and understand the sentiments that are expressed so beautifully in this writing.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. The tragic shooting in Connecticut has indeed put a dark pall over the holiday season. I can't even imagine what the families of those innocent victims are going through.

    I haven't read anything by Kahlil Gibran in a very long time. The poem is truly beautiful.

    (By the way,I laughed so hard when you said you got whiplash reading Petretta's book- - that's a hilarious way of putting it.....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      The first part of Petretta's book jumps around so much I had to keep going back to make sure the pages weren't stuck together. He sure does skip over a lot doesn't he? Another thing, notice the pattern that he's the best in everything then loses his job? Keeps happening over and over again. If he's the best, why does he keep losing his jobs? Something doesn't make sense. And "interesting" book to say the least. I can honestly say I never read a book like that before.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. In my line of work I have met pretty women and men. Sometimes I get so excited about meeting one of "the sexiest man/woman in the world" only to find out they are real jerks. It really is about personality for me anyway. (You mentioned 2 persons not too long ago in not too kind words. They are actually very nice and caring. If you would know them, you would like them).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      Now you have my curiosity aroused. Who were these two "nice people" that you said I "not too kind words?" I've been wrong before. I am quite sure it wasn't Mariah Carey and Jennifer Lopez. I can see right through those two women. Almost everyone else I do not know except through the way they present themselves in personal interviews. I want to be proved wrong. :)

      Ron

      Delete