Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Card




This is our Christmas card for all my friends who read this blog and even for those who don't but just happen to stop by accident or out of curiosity.

Bill and I aren't planning anything special for Christmas.  Being together is like Christmas everyday for us.  Oh I know that sounds corny but it is true.  Every day is a "holiday" around here in Bill and Ron Land or as we like to call our home "Casa Tipton-Kelly".  Of course some days are better than others but overall the past forty-seven Christmases we have spent together have gone by so fast.  

Tomorrow, Christmas Eve, I'm working he 3 to 11 PM shift at the hotel.  I also work the same shift on Christmas Day.  

I know some may feel sorry for me that I have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but I enjoy working those days.  The reason is that most of the guests in the hotel are so nice. Maybe it's the Christmas Spirit or the fact that grandmom and grandpop are in town visiting the grandkids but thankful to get away from all that activity for a few hours and rest at the hotel. I have found over the years that the best time to work at the hotel is on those Christmas holidays.  Plus, I get paid DOUBLE-TIME!   Win, win.

So for all of those who didn't receive a personal Christmas card from me and Bill here is our viral card.

Merry Christmas!



16 comments:

  1. I got one, I got one! yours was the first card I received!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      I always try to be The First One. Have a Merry Christmas!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. happy christmas to the both of you! see you soon !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same to you Dr. Spo and Someone and Harper! Bring Harper with you. We have a pet room. No extra charge.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas Ron! I'm happy that I've gotten to know you through your postings.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right back at you Sean. Happy to have you as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to follow this. I know that blogs are a specific lens through which you can "see" someone, and that it's not totally the same as knowing someone "in-person". That being said, your smile and your heart both shines through the prose and images. (Man, I hope that doesn't sound too weird.)

      Delete
    2. Sean,

      What a nice thing to say. Thank you very much. Have a wonderful Christmas.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Happy christmas, guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Walt! Merry Christmas to you too! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks, Ron - and I wish you and Bill your most enjoyable holidays yet. Have a lovely time and I look forward to continue reading of your latest exploits and adventures throughout 2013. Positive vibes are traversing the Atlantic to you right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. Many more stories to tell in the coming year. Have a wonderful Christmas!

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Ron and Bill! I hope you have many, many more Christmases together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,

      Right back at you Sam, have a wonderful Christmas and I hope the New Year is your best yet.

      Ron

      Delete
  8. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Your posts and photos often made me smile over the years
    Wishes for a Merry Christmas and Healthy & Happy New Year.

    Sam


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,

      Thank you very much for your kind and generous compliments. I'm glad that I can generate some smiles in this sometimes difficult world. Makes it all worthwhile.

      Have a wonderful Christmas!

      Ron

      Delete