Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A Nice Day For A Walk

Two snow geese

Today was one of those surprisingly mild, sunny days that we are often blessed with here in southern Delaware.  A good day to resume my daily walk.  

Since I injured my right left a few weeks ago, I haven't taken my daily walk.  I wanted to give my leg time to heal. The leg is healed.  Walking is resumed.

During my walk I heard a welcome and familiar sound, the squawking of Canadian snow geese.  Oh what a good sound that is.  

Today is the first day of the winter's solstice.  A perfect day first day of winter; sunny, brisk and a gentle wind.  This is why I love living in southern Delaware.  

We enjoy all the seasonal changes here in southern Delaware, but the changes aren't as extreme as they are in other parts of the nation.  The winters are milder, the summers aren't oppressively hot.  I like to call southern Delaware's weather "Goldie Locks Weather"; not too hot, not too cold, just right.

Snow geese at Bombay Hook, DE


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love this time of year Anne Marie. Every morning the geese fly over our house looking for the farmers' fields and before sunset at the end of the day they fly back. Love it!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful walk.
    The mild days are nice, but I'd like a little bit of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Bob, just a little bit though not too much. Can do without the snow. Rather look at a picture of snow than to experience it.

      Delete
  3. Ron,

    Yes, nice day in-between rainy and foggy ones. Got out for my morning walk as usual. Went to Rockwood. Was surprised not any of the regulars out. Pretty lonely and quiet.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,

      The rainy and foggy days depress me. Sunny days like today invigorate me.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. The snow geese are gorgeous. The photo taken at Bombay Hook reminds me of the Canadian geese at the lake by my house - but the snow geese are more beautiful.
    Thanks for reminding me that it's the first day of winter. I had completely forgotten. There's another horrendous wind storm raging here in TX.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      Always my favorite time of the year, next to spring.

      Ron

      Delete