Sunday, February 01, 2015

Introducing the Hollywood Bed and Breakfast



Good morning folks!  No Super Bowl Sunday post on this blog.  We had a robbery in our quiet, safe (I thought so) neighborhood this past week.  Normally I would post about these subject in my blog but I decided not to other than this short mention here.  Instead I'm continuing on our posting videos of our (me and my friend Pat's) stay in West Hollywood, Los Angeles, California last month (yes, today is February).

After a day out on the town, Pat and I return to our comfortable and cozy bed and breakfast right on Hollywood Boulevard, one street up from the fabled Sunset Boulevard.

These little videos we call the "Ron and Pat Show".  Not to be too full of myself folks but I think Pat and I have a wee bit of talent for these productions.  Non are rehearsed, just off the top of our heads.  In fact, more often than not I just start the video on my iPhone and tell Pat I'm videoing.  

Here we are returning from one of our daily outings.  The night before we were at the Whiskey A Go Go and heard this singer (using the term "singer" very loosely) who Pat deduced was making up the lyrics to his songs.  Pat was quite impressed and obviously felt compelled to take a go at this style of improvisational singing.

So folks, if you're getting ready for your Super Bowl fix today, have a great time.  However, if you want another installment of our vacation in California, here you go.  Enjoy!



10 comments:

  1. Prediction: the next time you're out in L.A. Pat will have a gig at the Whiskey a Go Go. He's undoubtedly more talented than the singers that they have there now.

    The Hollywood B&B looks so cozy and private. Did you, by any chance, get a glimpse of the Beverly Hills Hotel? If not, you'll have to see it next time. I hold the honor of having been kicked out of the Polo Lounge twice - once for being drunk and once for wearing a cowboy hat. I also had a hot four-day tryst with a director at that hotel. The old memories keep zooming in, Ron......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      You're right, Pat is more talented than those singers we saw at the Whiskey A Go Go. Pat's very modest and he doesn't think so but he has a very pleasant singing voice and is always right on note. He sometimes sings in his ban the "45's." His singing reminds me of a male version of Olivia Newton-John. I've read criticisms of her singing as "weak" but I've always found her singing so pleasant to my ears. Same with Pat's singing.
      You're right, the Hollywood Bed and Breakfast was very cozy. We had the smallest (and cheapest) room, which was really too small for us. But the whole premise, including the great breakfast area and the backyard pool/patio area was fabulous. You can hear the heavy traffic on Hollywood Boulevard, but that didn't bother us at all. When we go back next year we'll get a bigger room. However, we probably won't stay there the whole time (ten days) like we did this time. Half the time there and maybe half the time downtown at the Double Tree hotel in Little Tokyo.
      NO, we didn't see the Beverly HIlls Hotel but we will make a point to see it on our next visit and I will take pictures and videos. Oh how I would like to visit that hotel with you Jon. Think about it.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. What a delightful place to stay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      The Hollywood Bed and Breakfast interior and exterior design was the opposite of Pat's minimalist housing preferences but I think even he would admit to it's colorful and mesmerizing charms. Next year I was planning on staying at the Double Tree the whole ten days but now I think I'll split up our time; five days at the H & B & B. Our hosts were wonderful, the location was great and the self serve breakfast was perfect. We felt right at home.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Half of the fun of travel is retelling the tales. I am one of the people who can live vicariously through the adventures of another, even as child I liked watching people's home moves of their vacations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      You're right again, half the fun is retelling the tales,especially my own. From my earliest memory I've always enjoyed taking pictures of my travels. I just wish I had taken more. However, when I was growing up in the Fifties it was just too expensive, especially on my $5.00 a week paper boy earnings.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Very nice place!

    And you can have the Stupor Bowl. I'm watching movies.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      Yes it was but you wouldn't have liked our bathroom . . . . way too small even for us! Next time we go . . . . bigger bathroom.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Ron - I better not quit my day job. Well, at least my movie extra work.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep that day job Pat!

      Delete