Thursday, February 05, 2015

Longer Days

Hey folks, have you noticed?  The days are getting longer.  Hallelujah! Whereas a darkness used to fall about 4:30 PM now darkness doesn't descend until about 5:30 PM.  Yes!  I'm feeling it.



This will be the second year in a row that I haven't contracted a cold. Also the second year in a row that we haven't had a major snowfall here in southern Delaware. Yes! I AM FEELING IT.

Well, I got my rant out yesterday with my too long blog.  Honestly folks, it really galls me when the likes of Jenny McCarthy and Don Imus's wife, folks like them who have a major public forum by default because of their celebrity, spread false, unproven information just because they can't face the fact that their gene pool was defective in producing an autistic child.  And yes, I am being politically incorrect with that statement but that's the facts ma'am.  But I'm don't with my rant so on to something more pleasant.

I've actually gone two whole weeks working my regular shift at the hotel.  Oh how I would like to go a whole month, four weeks and just work my regular shift.  That's what is called rhythm folks, something I rarely have on my job when I'm called in to either switch shifts or fill in for somebody.  I don't mind occasionally filling in but it should be OCCASIONALLY, not on a regular basis like the fireman on call sliding down the pole.  Hey, I just did another rant didn't I?

My computer here (I'm still working on my old iMac) is working fine now that I cleaned off all the stuff on my desktop.  Apple support helped me to clean up some other areas that was slowing down my computer.  Of course I have a low RAM processor (4 GB) which isn't really conducive to multi-tasking and accessing websites with the heavy content.  My new computer is scheduled to arrive next week.  I have to do some major rearranging in my home office here which I am not looking forward too.

That's the blog today folks, probably not one of my more interesting blogs but there it is.  I'll be back tomorrow, you know that.  Besides, I've only posted about 15% of my California trip.  More to come there and that's a promise, not a warning. 

Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ron - it's your blog - rant away. Yep - days are getting longer and I can see the light at the end of the winter tunnel already. But it hasn't been anything difficult this year. And today with the fresh snow I'm looking to go out in the freshly filtered air. Looking forward to more California memories.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pat,
      More California memories are on the way! I have tons of them. What a great vacation we had out in Lotus Land.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Every day from early January to about June I log into an almanac to see the total amount of sunlight. I like to see it slowly creep up. But by May I am heartily sick of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      That's one thing I never tire of . . . . sunshine. That's why I have so many windows in my house. If I could I would put in more sky lights. But that's me.
      Ron

      Delete