Saturday, January 31, 2015

Tony D.



The fabulous (and hot) Tony D. of Hollywood, California

One of the really fun things about traveling to another part of the country is meeting up with fellow bloggers. When Pat and I were in California recently, we met up with Tony D. of "Leaving California."


Tony standing in front of Cafe Gratitude

We agreed to meet at a wonder vegan and vegetarian restaurant called "Cafe Gratitude" near the fabled Paramount studios.  Great choice of a vegan restaurant Tony!


Tony meets Pat - L.A. meets Toronto

I'm always thrilled the first time I meet a blogger in person.  To me it's like meeting a celebrity.  In fact, it's better because they're glad to see you (at least so far bloggers I've met are glad to see me).


"Hey guys, how about a picture of both of you together?
Of course I had to get a selfie of the three of us.  History in the making here folks.


Pat, Tony and guess who in front of Cafe Gratitude, L.A.
Then it was time for lunch.  Cafe Gratitude was packed, confirmation of the fact that vegan and vegetarian food isn't a fad but a change in our eating habits.  I'm repeating myself but Tony selected an excellent restaurant. We each got something different and everything was superb.  Not a crab cake in sight.


The obligatory "table shot" that I always asked the server to take before we order food - so much to choose on that vegan menu - oh how I wish we had a restaurant like that here in LSD
Lunch was great.  Lots of conversation, never any uncomfortable lulls in the conversation.  Tony gave us a lot of helpful tips of places to visit,including the Griffith Observatory, to visit while we were in Los Angeles.

All too soon lunch was over and Tony had to get back to work.  I was so discombobulated that I took the restaurant's copy of the check out with me.  The server had to run out into the street to get their copy of the check.  


The server going back into the restaurant with their copy of the check which I tried to abscond with, that's Tony's bike (his ride).  He doesn't have a car but gets around L.A. with his bike (hear that Pat?)

Well, it wasn't the Bloggerpalooza but we did get to meet the first of two blogger followers. Next year we hope to meet more (hear that Cindy from Sonoma?) Maybe we'll even see Tony again.

Another good day in L.A.


14 comments:

  1. Ron,

    I sure hope we can make it work out! Sonoma is about an hour north of SF, so flying down to meet you will be the only option. I do not make 8 hour car drives, that would be if traffic was perfect. I might not blog, but sometimes I am pretty good at commenting. FYI, I watched the video again last night of the drive you and Pat took and it scared the pants off me again!

    Cindy from Sonoma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy,
      I didn't realize that Sonoma was so far north. I don't blame you for not wanting to make an 8 hour car drive. I hope to convince Pat to go with me to visit San Francisco sometime in the near future. And on our Hollywood Hills drive, coming down we almost crashed head on into a Waste Management trash truck. I didn't have my iPhone on recording that near miss. Pat wanted to drive up those roads again before we left but I put the kibosh on that notion.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. OMG! I like your taste - VERY much. And I'm not talking about the food - though I suppose I also could be. Drool drool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Tony is one NICE guy, even better looking in the flesh and personality plus.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron - you sure know a lot of nice people. I've enjoyed all of your friends - Bill, of course, Larry, everyone at Bloggerpalooza, friends and neighbours in and around Lewes and Milton. Now it's extended to California with Nadege and Tony. Two terrific folks that just made the holiday so much better. You just have a knack Ron.

    Again - great memories!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      Though my blog I have met and know the nicest people which is ironic, because when I moved to LSD and the large gay community that resides therein, I thought I would meet a lot of nice people. I have met some but have failed to develop friendships for one reason or another (probably me) so it is a very pleasant surprise that I have made so many nice friends through my blog.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I agree with you about meeting bloggers - I've never met one I didn't like! Of course, we all know each other before the meeting, so it's sort of like seeing a long lost friend for the first time in years or something like that.

    So glad you got to add to your list!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      Blogging has opened a whole new world of friendships for me. A most pleasant development at this time of my life.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the "star treatment" on your blog, Ron! You flatter me. I reiterate that it was fun meeting the two of you, and hope to hang out again next year! Couple of clarifications--I do NOT live in West Hollywood, I live in Hollywood! Big difference--I actually do not like West Hollywood much at all. Secondly, my blog is now called Mental Musings and Meltdowns, and can be found here for your discerning readers: http://leavingcaliblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony,
      You're quite welcome Tony! I just wish you could have attended one of our Bloggerpaloozas, you would have rivaled Dr. Spo in his star power. By the way, I've corrected the West Hollywood reference to your status. Sorry about that. I missed the (subtle) distinction (I think - smile). And my apologies for missing your new blog. I've since added it to my blog listing.
      We're coming out again next year Tony. Let's have lunch at the same place (Gratitude) and the same time. I am so glad we had a chance to meet and spend some time with you.
      Ron

      Delete
  6. I always enjoy reading Tony's blog and I'm glad you got to meet him. I've met a few bloggers and was never disappointed. As you said, it's kinda like meeting a celebrity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      Tony is the real deal, just like you. Now my goal is to get both of you to meet. How about taking a trip to L.A. next January Jon so the four of us can get together? You and Tony can show me and Pat around. Sounds like a great idea to me!
      Ron

      Delete
  7. What lovely photos of Mr. Tony. I am mad-jealous you got to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,
      You should be jealous, Tony is is everything you thought he would be and more. What a delightful man. We're looking forward to getting together with him again next year.
      Ron

      Delete