Friday, June 08, 2012

Snake In The Bluebird House


During our recent Cemetery Tour of the South, Bill encountered a snake in a bluebird house.  The location was the Berea Baptist Church Cemetery in Asheville, North Carolina where my great-great grandmother Martha "Patty" Bailey Tipton Cooper is buried.

Bill peeked in this bluebird house, much like the bluebird houses that we have in our backyard at home in Delaware and was very surprised when a big black snake stuck its head and forked tongue out at him.

Red bellied black snake, much like the one Bill found in the bluebird house
Bill got the snake out of the bluebird house but unfortunately I didn't capture The Moment on my iPhone video because I was at the other end of the cemetery taking photos!  I saw it with mine own eyes though and that was one BIG BLACK SNAKE.

Baby bluebird


This is one of the many short videos that I took during our trip south.  I will be posting more videos in future blog postings and less blog postings of me complaining about something, which I seem to be doing a lot of lately.

I'll try to concentrate on posting happy and light postings in the future.

View from our van headed south to Georgia on I-81 during our recent trip south.


P.S.
Bill didn't kill the snake.  He just got it out of the bluebird box.  Once he got it out (and it was a biggie), the snake wiggled it's way into the nearby woods, obviously full of baby bluebirds.

6 comments:

  1. There's more then a few jokes to be made about this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean,

      I'm missing something here. :)

      Ron

      Delete
  2. thank goodness it was not a python.
    I have to remember that snakes were always good symbols of wisdom and knowledge before they were demonized by Christianity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      I don't dislike snakes. I like them. If I encounter a snake I never harm them but I do keep my distance.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Do you know what kind of snake it was? It looks sinister, but it must be rather benign for Bill to have just reached in and grab it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt,

      That snake was stuffed. The photo on this blog isn't the snake we encountered. The one Bill took out of the bird box was your standard black snake. A biggie too. We didn't harm it.

      Ron

      Delete