Saturday, June 23, 2012

Karen Klein's Tormentors Apologize





All four of the middle school teenage boys have now apologized to Karen Klein.  Like Karen, I doubt the sincerity of their apology.  After all, like Karen says "How sincere is a 13 year old after they've done what they've done? I don't know."  I agree Karen.  But it's a step, however small, in the right direction.  Maybe someday it will sink into their still developing brains that they did wrong.

I am so thankful for the new technology which enables abuse like what happened to Karen to instantly become viral.  Not only bad policemen and others in authority exposed for what they are but also the senseless cruelty of teenagers like these four numb brains who cruelly bullied Karen that day on the school bus.  A lot is made of the lack of privacy of the new Internet age but this is one good aspect.  Maybe this incident will change the way some parents raise their kids to know that it is unacceptable to bully anybody whether it be a fellow classmate, a gay or lesbian, or an elderly, widowed grandmother who is trying to make a living by being a bus monitor.

I loved this interview with Karen because she comes across as real and genuine.  I hope you have a very happy life from here on out Karen!


2 comments:

  1. I truly hope they do change. I was so sad to watch the video initially. It broke my heart. I have showed it to all the children coming in and out of our home this summer in hopes they will never treat any human this way! It has opened up good conversation between us. I am so thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaishon,

      I too hope they will truly change. I have my doubts though. Either you have it in your heart to treat other human beings decently (and animals) or you don't. I have never understood this kind of behavior. Even when I was young I never would have behaved in such a manner. It is basic respect. For instance, as much as I dislike Romney and consider him a congenital liar, I do not approve of anyone heckling him while he is spewing his lies. Let him make a fool out of himself.

      Ron

      Delete