Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lovers, Boyfriends and Crushes











"What in the world?"  Is that what you're thinking when you see the image I have posted on THIS blog? I'll give you a minute to figure it out.

TIME'S UP!

This is a word jumble of the guys of my love life (most consummated, some not) during my three score and ten years of my existence on this earthly plane.  Yes, I'm naming names.  It's up to the reader to link the first names with the last names.  And NO, I did not have GEORGE LOPEZ ( PUH - LEEZE - I do have taste - no pun intended).

Yep, I'm naming names.  I may even go into SOME detail in future blog postings.  But all I can say now is that each one of these guys provided me with much happiness in my very fortunate life.  Of course I've "known" many other men but these are the ones who stand out.  These are the ones who literally swept me off of my feet and into their (or my) beds.  A few I never got to home base with but they provided more than enough fantasy for me to take matters into my own hands so to speak.

Lately I've been reading from some fellow bloggers that we should forget about the past.  Are you kidding?  Man oh man, I've had some past.  There is no way I'm forgetting about it.  I relive the good times over and over again in my mind.  Interestingly enough most times those experiences get even better.

I'm not one of those people who regrets the mistakes I've made and I've made many of them believe you me.  Any mistake I make is a learning experience for me.  If I was to wipe out all my bad memories of the past, then I might as well have dementia.  Of course I realize that some of us can't deal with our mistakes or unable to even recognize that we have made mistakes so the best way to deal with it is to ignore those mistakes, that's not me folks. I'm not one of those people who, when asked what is the biggest regret I have will give such a self-serving answer as "I wish I had more time to volunteer my time to feeding the poor."  Oh give me a break.  Get a hold of yourself and look in the mirror and admit the biggest mistake you made was being a jerk and taking friends and or lovers for granted.

So here I am this morning wallowing in memories of my top list of former boyfriends, lovers and crushes.  Oh yes, I'm still with one of the guys.  The only guy who could put up with me.  The rest of them are history but they will remain in my memory and continue to bring me much happiness.

Paul

6 comments:

  1. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat.
    Though some repetition is good.
    I remember the past, but I don't live there, or dwell on it.
    It's just, mostly, good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob,

      I don't live in the past but I do have many fond memories and some not so fond. I certainly don't dwell on the bad memories for sure. As you say "It's just, mostly, good times." I am also a firm believer that the best is yet to come.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. anne marie in philly2:18 PM

    bill is in the middle of the pack, right, in the photo montage? :)

    yep, you got a keeper in bill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      Actually, Bill isn't in the montage. Everyone with the possible exception of two guys are dead. And I don't know where they are either. They could also be gone. Bill wouldn't want me to put his picture in with his "competition." :)

      Ron

      Delete
  3. There's no possible way I would want to forget my past. I went through many horrible things but I also have unforgettable golden memories. After all, the past is what has made us the people we are today. I'm delighted that you're naming names and I'll eagerly await any future details that you'd care to share.
    I'd like to have the courage to name my ex-lovers but it would take too long - - and I might get sued. Besides I sure as hell can't remember all of their names. I don't have many photos, but I do have a suitcase filled with old love letters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jon,

    All of the guys I named are dead or missing. Non are famous. Who would sue me? Now old love letters, that's a thought for a future posting. And, again who is going to sue me? Those letters are my property to do with as I wish. I feel the need to get this all down on record before I disappear.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete