Friday, June 22, 2012

The Rains Came and Other Mutterings



Hey folks!  We got a break from the sweltering heat wave of the past few days here in Slower Lower Delaware.  

Late this afternoon, shortly after I took Bill on his weekend late afternoon ride, the skies open and the deluge descended upon us.  Didn't know I could speak French did you?

Late this afternoon I took Bill for his ride to the Broadkill Beach development off of Route 16.  When we first moved to lower Delaware bill was put off by many of the names of the local communities like Broadkill, Slaughter Beach, Murderkill and Assawoman Bay.  I kid you not, I am not making up these names.  We live in some kind of funky area of these United State folks.

As you can see form the posted video that I took with my iPhone shortly after we hit the road, the downpour began.  We had to pull over to the side of the road.  I couldn't see where I was going and I don't want to have a head-on and become another Delaware traffic statistic.

As you can see folks, Bill and I live some kind of exciting life.  Well, actually we do.  Not for us the constant swirl of parties and tinkling of glasses and phony friends.  That never was our lifestyle.  We enjoy each other's company.  Of course I worry about the day that I might go solo.  I have to tell you I'm not to thrilled about that possibility. I'm sort of hoping that I go first.  But I can't think about those things now.  I live one day at a time as they say.

I worked hard last night at the hotel.  Oh the stories I could tell but I won't because the folks I work with at the hotel read this blog (including the owner sometimes).  Uh huh.  I get in enough trouble as it is, I don't need to get into trouble at work.  I'll save those stories for sometime in the future should I become fully retired.  I could write a book about my hotel experiences of the past twelve years.  A funny book.  Mostly bitching but some of the stuff I've had happen to me and observed is not to believed.  Way more interesting than anyone of these faux "reality" shows on the no-name channels.

This is the first official summer weekend here in southern Delaware. The bugs (and mosquitoes) are out in full force and quite aggressive I must say.  My days of lingering in the Back Forty (our backyard) are limited because I don't relish being dinner for mosquitoes.  

I just got in from my walk and I see where I brought in a lot of these ant like flies which I am in the process of squeezing the life out of as I type this nonsensical blog posting.  No Mark, I don't know where I'm going with this posting.  

I'll now have more time to see what the latest lie Mitt Romney is trying to palm off on the portion of our public who hate Obama so much they'll suck up anything Romney and the shameless Republicans will put out there.  One thing I will never be able to figure out is how people (some of my best friends too!) can go against their own self interest and support a person like Romney who has absolutely no character. Don't you folks realize that Romney and the Republicans only want to cut taxes farther for the rich and defund all the social safety programs like Social Security and Medicare?  You know one thing?  I may dislike Romney and the Republicans but my hate doesn't even come close to those who hate Obama with such unrelenting intensity they can't see ONE THING that Obama has done good.  I can actually see some good aspects of Romney.  Of course the one thing I cannot forgive him for (and it's not tying Seamus on the roof of his car but that is a biggie) is the fact that he gave his five sons a pass on serving in the military.  When asked why none of his FIVE SONS ever served he said "They work on my campaign which is the same."  NO IT'S NOT MITTSY!  What a arrogant, stupid, and soulless comment to make and a disrespect to all those who have served this country and sacrificed so much.  For that reason alone I would never vote for this empty soul of a man called Willard Mitt Romney.  

There, how's that for getting off track?  Say, I go wherever my brain is transmitting to my fingers on this iMac keyboard.

Excuse my while I squash another fly.

  





8 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly12:30 AM

    romney is a dick. I'm not thrilled with obama like I was 4 years ago, but he's still a better choice than romney. haters gonna hate no matter what (paging mitch mc connell to the WHITE courtesy phone [see what I did there?]).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      I feel as you do, I'm not as thrilled with Obama either as I was four years ago. However, Romney is a "dick" as you say. Romney doesn't have a clue (or cares) how average people like us who weren't born on third base have to struggle to make ends meet. NOT A CLUE. And this country is going to elect someone like him president? It always amazes me at how many people will believe the Republican lies and vote against their own self interest and vote selfish bastards like Romney in office.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. oh but I miss rain, and a 'downpour' sounds absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      Bill loves to hear the sound of rain on the roof. We had another downpour last night. The cornfields around here are were very thirsty and are sucking it up. Good stuff!

      Ron

      Delete
  3. The "kill" in those names refers to a stream or other water course, I think. We have lots of "kills" up in and around my home town, which was a dutch colony, and "kill" is the Dutch word for stream or creek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walt,

      You know, I think you're right. Delaware was originally settled by the Dutch. Now that you mention the original of the word "kill", that makes sense for all the "kills" around here. I know they did a lot of slaughtering of horseshoe crabs here last century but man oh man, a lot of "kills" around here.

      Thanks!

      Ron

      Delete
  4. That deluge was crazy here in Philly also! I hope you have many happy years together. I bet your hotel stories are fascinating. People are fascinating, aren't they?

    You know what is so funny to me? The absolute hatred I see towards Republicans. I have never understood it. I have people close to me on each side of the political waters and the hatred I see coming from the Democrats to the republicans far outweighs the hatred from the other side. It makes me sad sort of. There is too much hate. I don't really care what party people associate with. I do care when people are filled with hatred. That makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaishon,

      The "absolute hatred" you see towards Republicans is justified by the Republicans and their lies. Look at how many people have been killed in a war that was unnecessary. Look at how many people have lost their jobs and homes because Bush and his administration wrecked the economy by giving massive tax cuts to their rich friends. Look at what the Republicans are trying to do now. Tell women what to do with their bodies. Try to make me as a gay man a second class citizen or worse. Today's Republicans are evil. That is the only way I can describe them.

      Ron

      Delete