Monday, June 11, 2012

The Dream

The Tipton Women (my paternal aunts)


This morning, just before I awoke I had a very clear dream. Usually, when I have dreams I can't remember the details of the dream.  I only remember whether the dream was good or bad.  This morning's dream left me with a very peaceful feeling.

I dreamed that my Mother visited me.  I wasn't at home when she visited me.  I was in a black marble palace.  I felt at home at that palace.  I remember the echoing click clack sounds of high heel shoes walking on the polished black marble floors.



My Mother came through one of the ornate palace doors.  She was dressed in a cream colored, silk suit.  I told her how well she looked in that suit.  I asked her why she was visiting me.  When I asked her this I had no awareness that she was visiting me from the afterlife.  My Mother died September 10, 2010.  she told me that we were "going somewhere" and my aunts would be arriving shortly and we would all go together.  Just then some of my aunts also came through the door, also dressed in cream colored, embossed patterned suits.  I was so impressed with their suits I told them that I had to take their picture since this was one of the rare times we were all together.  I then bounded up the spiral, marble staircase to second floor and my room to get my camera.

When I came back downstairs my aunts and their cream colored suits were gone.  They left without me!

However, to the side I heard the rustle of clothes women's clothes.  What I saw was a group of women, who I didn't recognize, leaving another ground floor room.  They were all dressed in black, silk, embossed suits.  They obviously were leaving a service that was just completed.  I was disappointed first because I didn't know any of these women and I didn't like their black suits even though they were of that soft silk and had the classy embossed pattern on them.  However, their suits were not identical, only the color.  The same with my Mother and my aunt's suits, no duplicates.

So what does this dream mean?  I have my theory which I won't discuss here.  I'm curious what you, the reader think.

Here is a little background.  My father had ten brothers, no sisters.  That mean I had ten paternal aunts.  The picture above is of nine of my ten aunts at one of our Tipton family reunions which was taken in 1960.  At the time the picture was taken only one of my uncles wasn't married.

The Meehan Sisters with their mother (center) 


Only one aunt survives since that photo.  She is the lady with the dark hair standing directly in the middle of the photo.  That is my Aunt Peggy.  The photo below is of my Aunt Peggy with her nine sisters and mother.  My Aunt Peggy is the lady sitting on the left.

My father had ten brothers and no sisters.  My Aunt Peggy had nine sisters and no brothers.  She married my Uncle John.  They had an interesting history.  My Uncle John was a paratrooper during World War II.  He was captured by the Germans and was a prisoner of war.  He escaped twice and was recaptured twice.  Our family assumed he died during the war.  His mother died one month before he was released from the German prisoner or war camp.

Ironically, my Uncle John after having survived World War II died during an accident when his turpentine stained overhauls caught on fire from a carelessly discarded cigarette where he worked as a sign painter at Gindy Trailers.  He died in 1962 when he was only 39 years old.

My Uncle John Tipton (on the right) with friend
So what did this dream mean?

6 comments:

  1. Ron,

    Leave it to you to miss the the bus trip to Heaven because you had to take a picture. :)

    I had a nightmarish dream last night and I know exactly why. Part of it was a home with nobody in it.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,

      I think my dream has a lot to do with your mother.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron,

    You think your dream had a lot to do with my mother. Can't you explain a little?

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,

      My dream probably was prompted by your situation with your mother. I explained all the detail that I could in my posting.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron,

    You should have had the wide awake living nightmare I have been through today.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,

      I'll call you this evening. I'm waiting on a phone call for a delivery now.

      Ron

      Delete