Monday, June 11, 2012

Father Beats Stepson For Not Catching Ball

Okay my "Anonymous" followers, this is "cringe worthy."  This is a father beating his step-son with a belt for not catching a baseball.  Yep, HE BEATS HIS STEPSON WITH A BELT FOR NOT CATCHING A BALL!

Unbelievable right?  We should all be so thankful for easy to record videos and websites like You Tube and Facebook to publicize what heretofore was hidden from public view, an adult beating a child.  There is no reason in the world for an adult to beat a child.  Here, I'll say it again:

THERE IS NO REASON IN THE WORLD FOR AN ADULT TO BEAT A CHILD!

Especially over something as silly as catching a ball.  Hey, I can't catch a ball either.  That's probably because I'm a big sissy and have no athletic ability at all.  I was lucky though because my father never played ball or did anything else with me.  But he did beat me with a belt.  Oh yes, that did happen. That was the way discipline was handled back in the Forties and Fifties.  When I would say something to my Mother about him beating me (and my brothers) with a belt, her answer always was "Your father has scars on his back from where his father beat him."  Somehow that didn't make me feel better.

This is a new day and age.  I hear this father was arrested and put on $100,000 bail.  Good for his  neighbor for reporting this child abuse.  Progress, one step at a time.

8 comments:

  1. Every time I see an incident like this, I get upset - - thinking of my own childhood. I certainly didn't have to do anything wrong to experience my father's wrath.

    I remember one summer when I was twelve. I was sitting in a chair in the back yard - - and somehow my father decided I was "in his way".
    He ripped me out of the chair, beat me so hard that one of my ribs was fractured, and stamped on my bare feet with his heavy shoes. This is absolutely true - - and it is only one example of his insane wrath.
    If my mother tried to stop him, my father would have done the same thing to her.

    Thank God we now live in an era where people are aware of such things and there is ample documentation!
    Whenever the police were called when I was a kid, my father would laugh and joke his way out of the situation, saying that my Mom and I were crazy. Women and children had no rights at all in those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      I'm sorry that you had such a violent childhood. Mine wasn't that bad. I too am glad that this kind of behavior is no longer acceptable.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. anne marie in philly2:52 PM

    give this asshole a lethal injection! and no bail! and general population in prison where he can be bubba's bitch!

    I too was beaten up as a kid; is it any wonder that I have no contact with my sperm donor at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,
      I agree with you 100%! This bastard's life is totally ruined now because of this video. He deserves it.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron,

    I was a Little League coach for nine years and it was amazing how badly many parents, yes even mothers, treated their children for not being little Mickey Mantles. I saw a lot of verbal abuse, I saw people pull their kids off the field because the parent couldn't get their way and I saw a father (also a coach) slap his kid. I never saw anyone out and out beat their kid, but I wouldn't be surprised if some got beat when they went home.

    Catching a ball has a lot to do with hand-eye coordination in kids and every one matures in that at a different rate. I was pretty darn good at catching a baseball, a hard ball, but I never could catch a softball for some reason. at least no one began besting me for that. They just stuck me in Right Field all the time.

    I really feel for that boy. he's got a rough row to hoe as a child with a dad like that.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,

      With some of these parents, it's more about them than the kid. They don't care for the kid, they only care about how they look. The step-father who was beating his step-son for not catching the ball is a criminal. No one should treat a child like that. There is no reason in the world to beat a child or an animal because they aren't doing what you want them to do. Someone needs to beat him. I would do it.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Anonymous1:03 PM

    The grandparents of this poor kids actually defended the actions of the stepfather, saying they believed in spanking for discipline purposes. I guess if you cannot catch a ball, you should be disciplined (crazy, stupid people. Get this, stepdad is an elected offical...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,

      The grandparents should be put in jail too. Maybe that will get the message across that you don't beat kids.

      Ron

      Delete