Thursday, September 29, 2011

Prince Charming

Prince Charming - Disney Version

I saw him again this morning.  "Him" was Prince Charming.  As my fellow gay bloggers know all to well, we're always on the lookout for the elusive Prince.  We haunt the gay bars hoping against hope that we will see HIM leaning against the far wall locking eyes with us as soon as we walk into the bar.  We go to gay churches hoping to meet HIM at the coffee get together at the end of the services.  We hang out at the gay section of the beach hoping that he will see how adorable we are in spite of our less than perfect beach bodies.  Oh yes, WE all know what I'm talking about.

Well, this morning I went for my haircut at Dino's Barber Shop located in the back of the Essentials Beauty Store at the Safeway Shopping Center in Rehoboth Beach.  I was hardly settled into the barber chair when HE walked in.  Yes, it was Prince Charming again!

I've seen HIM many times over the years.  In fact, twice I even hooked up with the Prince.  Both affairs were intense but short.  Neither one ended well.  But while they lasted, they were heaven.  HEAVEN! Memories that I will never, never forget.  I often go back and relive those memories.

Yes, this morning HE showed himself again.  This Prince was in his late 40's or early 50's.  About 5'9" or 10" tall.  Light brown crew cut (I am a sucker - no pun intended - for older guys with a crew cut) hair.

He was dressed in a casual shirt which he was wearing out over his tan shorts.  He had white socks and was wearing a new pair of sneakers.  He was adorable!

As soon as he came in he averted his eyes from mine.  I'm sorry folks, when I see Prince Charming my hungry eyes must give me away like a fool.  I probably scare them all off.  Well, he did avert eye contact and immediately sat down and picked up a newspaper and started to read it.

While Dino was cutting my hair and talking to me (don't ask me what he was talking about, my mind was racing ahead to these would do together during the next ten years; the trips, the parties, and the...oh yes, the bed), I was sneaking furtive glances at HIM.  Oh such nice legs, hairy but not TOO hairy.  Nice hair (crewcut.)  I like the shape of his mouth.  Oh yes, very, very nice.

You know it's funny but I'm not usually attracted to gay men.  Sometimes I think I'm doomed to only find straight men attractive.  I think it is their natural masculinity,  innocence and lack of bitchiness that attract me.  I have gay friends but (no offense if you're reading this my gay friends)  I find none of them attractive.  We're loaded with gay guys down here in the East Coast Gay Playground of Washington, D.C. but I find NONE of them attractive.  Not even the butchies who do the ManDance thing at the local leather bar.

Nope, they are all a bunch of limp weenies to me.  The irony is that the straight men I am attracted to would be limp with me.  I'm in a Catch-22.  

Some years ago I became resigned to the fact that I would never, ever have a fling or romantic interest in anyone again.  Oh I know, you ask "What about your spouse?"  Hey, I love my spouse and he loves me but THAT part of our relationship ended decades ago.  Not that I'm champing at the bit to hop into bed with someone, I'm not.  But, every now and than I see someone like this guy this morning that gets the old juices flowing again.

Hey, maybe there is still some life in the old bird yet.

Here are a couple of my fantasies in the entertainment world today.  For either one of these men, I would literally run away from home.  Yes I would.
Bradley Cooper - be still my heart.

I know Ryan is stuck on himself but he is still my No. 1 (Bradley is a close second) fantasy.

If I did a Threesome with these two, I would implode.

14 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the post but was surprised that you were unable to sneak a picture at least thru the mirror. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly6:42 PM

    I get dibs on these 2 after you are through with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne Marie,

    If perchance by some fabulous good fortune I had "dibs" on those two guys at the end of my blog posting, I doubt that they would have enough energy to give any more after I was through with them. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:45 PM

    Why do we always want what we can't have? It must be the lure of the unknown.

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha! This made me laugh and so did the comment above! BTW, my hair stylist cuts Ryan Gosling's hair when he's in LA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberly,

    I'm impressed! Your hair stylist cuts Rynan Goslings hair? Oh man. He has great hair. The only movie that I didn't like that he was in, he was wearing some ratty wig. He has great hair. First time I saw him he had a buzz cut. He looks great in any hairstyle except the ratty wigs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fran,

    You are right, we always want what we can't have. The lure of the unknown mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't understand the lusting after straight men. Prince charming can be gay. Unfortunately, the gay prince falls for his own refection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't understand the lusting after straight men. Prince charming can be gay. Unfortunately, the gay prince falls for his own refection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aviewfromthemeadow,

    Oh this is an easy one. "I don't understand the lusting after straight men." I'll tell you why in a simple sentence...because they are MEN. I generally don't find gay men sexually attractive because they're too bitchy or have feminine mannerisms that turn me off. That's the way I roll. No excuses or apologies. Just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Personally, I fail to understand Ryan's appeal. To me he looks like a gosling.

    Now, Bradley Cooper is another story. Dayum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. jnuts,
    I can't explain my attraction for Ryan but he does IT for me. And I'm not usually attracted to blondes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and he share the same facial structure and you both have the same nose. Put a corresponding age-wise picture of yourself next to his. It's true!

    ReplyDelete
  14. domanidave,

    Thank you! I never had anyone compare me to Prince Charming before. Now that I look (comparing same age pictures), you may have a point.

    ReplyDelete