Saturday, September 03, 2011

All Is Well

Petunias on our deck about an hour ago

All is well here in Bill and Ron Land.  I'm slowly coming out of my semi-funk from the new neighbors moving in (they are turning out not to be as bad as I thought...at least yet) and contretemps that I had with Bill yesterday.  Normally I would go into detail here of the latest speed bump in our relationship (we have little in common except we love each other) but Bill has asked me not to air our differences in my blog.  Actually, he used more colorful language but you get the idea.

I've been spending a quiet weekend at home with this beautiful weather updating my Find a Grave data base on the computer.  I just found my best friend Larry's grandparents and other relatives in one of the cemeteries I hit last week.  Yesterday morning Bill and I went down to the King's Creek Golf Club and I fulfilled a F.A.G. photo request for a gentleman who died in the 1700's.  You know that grave marker was weathered.  The cemetery was located at a very interesting spot, between the 10th and the 11th tee of the golf course at King's Creek.  The golf course is located at the County Club Estates, right before the Rehoboth Beach entrance.  Bill liked the area and told to me that we should have moved there instead of this open horse farm field where we live now.  Country Club estates is nice with all the mature trees and nestled away from all the traffic.  But like Bill said, we wouldn't see the sunsets if we lived there.  The grass is always greener isn't it?

I'm going to take my evening walk now.  It's been a good day and things have calmed down around here. Of course I have a new problem, one of my teeth is bothering me.  I can't chew on it.  I just happen to have a dental appointment this Wednesday.  It was a regularly scheduled one for a cleaning.  I guess I'm in for more dental work.  See why I get depressed?  It's always something.  Could be worse though, I always try to look at life that way.  All my problems are minor compared to so many other folks.  I could have had this big tree fall down on my house.

A downed tree near the cemetery yesterday



2 comments:

  1. Ron,

    Glad all is well again. You remind me I must get a post up on the hurricane damage around here.

    Even though I am now fully retired I am finding it hard to squeeze all I wish to do into the hours of the day.

    I guess that's a good thing.

    I answered your grave emails, by the way.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that things are back on an even keel (more or less!). Good luck at the dentist!

    ReplyDelete