Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I Got Binged!



The last week or so, when I did a Google search for images of my blog postings, I noticed that my choices were rather limited.

I didn't pay too much attention at first, thinking the images I was looking for were odd and thus a limited selected.  But after awhile, I noticed that ALL my searches were rather (excuse the term) f - cked up.  

I looked at my browser and I saw BING!  WTF?  Since when did I CHOOSE BING as my Internet search provider?  Was I sleepwalking and went to my computer in the middle of the night and selected BING?  

You all know how I hate Mr. Softee

Keep those bangs going Gates even though you're closing in on 70


Bulldog Ballmer

How would you like this face as your boss?


and Microsoft, two extremely ugly individuals in both physical appearance and attitude. Their physical appearance is a perfect metaphor for their company, UGLY. 

Maybe hate is too mild a word.  I detest them and Microsoft and their bullying tactics, lack of support, monopolistic tendencies and most of all, their unbridled arrogance.  Over the years I have literally wasted thousands of dollars on Microsoft based computers.  I finally wised up four years ago and ditched the whole frigging mess and went to Apple.  

Since I saw the light four years ago and bought an iMac from Apple, my life has been soooo much better.  No more hiring my Computer Guy to come and help me fix the every reoccurring glitches on my Windows based computer. You ask, why couldn't you call Microsoft?  Are you kidding.  They don't have support.  That would cost money and take away from the billions (yes folks, you read that right, BILLIONS) of dollars that Gates and Ballmer have accumulated over the years from their gigantic scam of foisting their Windows based operating systems on the world.




Thus it came as quite a shock last night to discover that my search engine defaulted to the odious BING owned by Microsoft.  WTF?  Since when did I choose BING?  




Well guess what folks?  I didn't choose BING. It chose me.  Am I surprised by this latest Microsoft tactic?  NO.  

I can't tell you how much this discovery that my computer kept defaulting to BING even though I had Google set up in my Preferences pissed me off.  Is there NO WAY I can get away from the odious Mummy Man Gates and Bullet Head Ballmer?  Don't they have enough money already? Does Gates need more for his Bill and Melinda Gates (what does his wife have to do with the foundation other than she's his wife?) Foundation so he can Save the World from hunger and disease and get his Nobel Peace Prize? Does Ballmer need more billions to buy another NBA franchise?  




Yes, I'm on a rant.  I'll wrap it up now. 

So last night I was on the computer until 1:30 in the morning, with my Canadian friend Pat (on FaceTime) helping me figure a way OUT of Bing as my default search engine. 

I checked the Preferences.  I had Google set up and my default but something kept overriding it.  HOW.DID.THAT.HAPPEN?  Ever notice that when you're trying to look for something good and interesting or do something good and interesting on your computer how difficult it is?  But when you don't want something on your computer it's there and you didn't even do anything to get it?  And then you try to get it off and nada.




We checked the web forums. Confusing.  All kinds of different advice.  We checked You Tube.  Again, frustrating and confusing.  One You Tube video was especially annoying.  It was made by a English woman with a heavy cockney accent hold her West Shitland Whiteland Terrier on her lap (who cares lady?) starting her video "Bing isn't so bad, give it a try but if you want to know how to change it here's how" and she goes on to explain something which just gave me a headache. Her "instructional" video was more about her self-promotion than actually helping anybody, which I'm in finding more frequently with these You Tube instructional videos.  Seems like a lot of people think they're going to be the next Justin Beiber or something.  Get over yourselves folks.

I finally went to bed last night, very frustrated. 



I got up this morning, late.  Still frustrated.  After breakfast I went right into my home office and my computer.  I called my friend Larry, maybe he could help me and I could avoid the $19 call to Apple Help Center.  I was talking to him on FaceTime.  I could hear banging in the background.  He said his roof was being replaced.  Okay.  So, with the musical background (which was very annoying) we started to evaluate our options.  After an hour or so, our two heads wasn't coming up with a solution.  I decided to call Apple Help, resigned to paying the $19 to find out how to remove this software that I DIDN'T ASK FOR but was shoved down my throat (sorry for the visual but I'm trying to make a point here) by the likes of Gates and Ballmer.  


This loser is no longer in charge of Microsoft - wonder why?  He got his BILLIONS though. Now he's puking out everybody with his ugliness at NBA basketball games

Long story short, the girl/woman at Apple showed me almost immediately how to get rid of BING.  Seems it was a third party extension automatically pasted into my Preferences at some point when I was on my computer.  Well thank you very much "third party" who obviously gets money by inserting their male ware (which is what it is folks, I didn't ask for it) onto my computer.  

F-ck you Bill Gates. F-ck you Steve Ballmer and whoever at Microsoft made more money by loading your crap onto my computer.  

Bing is off my computer now and the welcome Google is back.  I hope I never have to see the ugly visages of Gates and Ballmer again.  
Dos Fuglies

I'm dreaming, right? These two are like stepping in dog shit.  You can remove the shit from your shoes but the smell is still there.

13 comments:

  1. (Top Secret Info....) When Youngest was an intern at a company, this was in high school, they had been contracted to do some work for the "MS" people. His boss handed him an Apple computer and told him to go forth. Interestingly he has interned for three additional companies, during college, and he has worked on Apple products at every one. And Eldest, who is a contractor for the "G" company, was given a - yup, you guessed it - an Apple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the dog's mother,
      Microsoft was cool when they toppled IBM, another arrogant company that was not user friendly. How ironic that Microsoft itself evolved into a clone of IBM, a greedy, out of touch, arrogant company. They still don't get it. The old adage "The fish rots from the top". With those two, Gates and Ballmer, it's no wonder Microsoft if moribund these days. And they will remain because they are insulated by their billions and self delusion that they are beneficent and omnipresent when in fact they're nothing but bullies and cheats. Simply said, I despise them and their company and I hope Apple buries them. So Ron, tell us what you REALLY think. :)
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron,
    Well, although I still have a windows based computer and Apple is in the future for me, the only Bing product I use is Bing Maps on occasion. I use Yahoo and also use Google Chrome when Internet Explorer runs slow. Yahoo search engine defers to Bing Search which I never never use. One day there will be an Apple in my life, probably in the form of a Mac Book which I will be purchasing very soon. Internet Explorer sucks btw.
    Yours with Apple,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack,
      Steve Jobs said that computers should be fun, not a challenge. Gates and company are focused soley by how many billions they can make from licensing their operating systems. Then when they saw there was money to be made by other devices and search engines they tried to horn in on that without any success. Unfortunately for most of the world, they are held hostage by the Windows operating system and the constant threat of virus attacks and daily time consuming updates on their computers to ward off those attacks. They don't offer support, they're arrogant and they design products that are not user friendly. Their only goal is to mass product as many products as cheaply as possible to acquire more and more money. They are greedy,arrogant bastards and I hope I live long enough to see Apple bury them.
      Jack, when you get an Apple product you'll see what I mean. Not for nothing do you see so many old people using iPads these days. With Microsoft that would have been impossible because of their blindness into making products that are fun to use rather than products that only geeks and young people can figure out. You life will change for the better Jack when you get that MacBook Pro. You'll love it. But be careful of being hijacked by Bing. :)
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron - I'm first to admit that I'm not really computer literate. But I've always been with Apple and generally I can get things done. Heck, for a measly $100 you can have a one on one appointment every day at an Apple store genius bar - for those fortunate to have one located nearby. Steve Jobs is gone - I hope Apple remains faithful

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I hope Apple remains faithful to their high customer service reputation. I would rather deal with a company that provides genuine customer service rather than one that's sole goal seems to be making as much money as possible to deify it's founders. I worry about Apple since Steve Jobs is no longer around and I hope they remain faithful to the high standards he set for customer service and product.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. You can rant at Microsoft if you wish, but they had nothing to do with the malware that changed your search engine. Blame whatever site you went to that loaded it up.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      I get that. I know Microsoft didn't directly put their crappy Bing on my computer but they have an agreement with somebody that gets paid every time their Maleware hijacks my computer with their lousy Bing. Oh, did I say that Bing sucks? How dare they add something to my computer without my approval. I don't put anything past Microsoft. They're been riding on their so called laurels for too many years now. They gotten corrupt in their never ending quest for more and more money to produce more Microsoft millionaires. Where is their customer service besides Mumbai?
      Ron
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Jay,
      And another thing (you can tell this subject really gets me hot), you'll never see any Apple software foisted onto unknowing computer users. They don't have to because they have a superior product with excellent customer service backup. The way Microsoft and their lackeys operate remind me of the current version of the Republican Party, who can't win elections on their own so they have to suppress the vote. They're dishonest and greedy. Just like Microsoft. Everyone knows that customer service and user friendliness is not on Microsoft's priority list. They're only out to make as much money as they can and if they have to cut corners with a third party, so be it. They don't care. That's why I despise them so much.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. There are many of us who have used Microsoft and Windows for years with few complaints and getting on just fine with out computing. I have never owned any Apple product, because I never liked their proprietary closed system approach. I don't like MS Internet Explorer, but I have the freedom to use any other browser, so I choose Google Chrome. I also like Google's Android over Apple's iPhone. IMO, Steve Jobs was a much more arrogant asshole and boss than Bill Gates ever has been. Bill Gates is now into philanthropy, rather than Microsoft. He and his wife Melinda are making a difference around the world.with their foundation.

    This post suggests to me that what you need is help with anger management. Why are you letting this get you so upset and as Jay points out is misdirected. Microsoft did not do anything to you in this situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      I don't need your judgmentfs, okay? My blog, my rant. Gates is a phony. Jobs wasn't. What I did 't like about the MS operating system is that IS an open system, thus creating a very unstable system for us non tech users. Older non-tech people didn't start using computers until the user friendly iPad. That's all the prof I need. I have yet to se a concrete result of Gate's goal to eliminate world hunger and disease. You're entitled to your own opinion as I am to mine. I dare to say the emperor has no clothes.
      My blog, my rant David. If you don't like it,don't read it. I don't need your diagnosis. Okay?
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Ken Eaton11:00 AM

    I read your post this morning with amusement. I consider this to be the old Ford, Chevy argument that I have listened to my whole life (I am only a few years younger than you) and just as silly. Both have good qualities and bad ones, some real and some imagined. My feelings about Apple and Google mirror yours about Microsoft. I will not discuss the looks of the Apple hierarchy however, as I consider that monumentally irrelevant. Now that that is out of the way we can put our time into the important work of hating Republicans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken,
      My blog, I vent. I'm glad you understand. Yes, you're right about getting to the important business of hating this current version of the Republicans. Back in my previous life I used to be a conservative Republican but George Bush Jr. cured me of that malady.
      Thanks for your comment Ken.
      Ron

      Delete