Monday, August 26, 2013

Rehoboth Beach At Night



Just a quick update on my health situation folks.  I called my urologist's office this morning.  I have an appointment to see him tomorrow afternoon at 2:30 pm.  I hope I last that long.

I'm still a big woozy but I suspect that is from the pain medication I'm taking.  I haven't passed my kidney stone yet so that is causing me some concern.  However, my urine flow is clearer now.  

Last night while I was talking to Pat on FaceTime my right side started to hurt again.  I think that was my kidney stone moving again.  I had to end our session because I was feeling weak.  I laid down on my bed, fully clothed at 9:03 pm.  I didn't wake until a little after 11.  I called Pat back again and told him I was feeling a little better.  I didn't talk too long because I was still tired.  I went back to bed, this time I got undressed and under the covers.  

This morning I woke up refreshed and feeling a little better but still no kidney stone passing. Hopefully tomorrow at my urologist's office he will give me good advice as to what to do.  This kidney stone should have passed by now.

In the meantime I'm posting another video that Pat and I took when he visited Rehoboth Beach last week.  I rarely have an opportunity to go on the Rehoboth boardwalk during the summer season at night.  Last week Pat and I took a walk on the boardwalk after our vegetarian dinner at Cafe Azafran on Balitmore Avenue in Rehoboth.

As you can see someone (I'm not telling) was a wee bit tipsy after TWO Key Lime Pie martinis.  We did a semi-frolic in the surf.  Great fun!




14 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Ron,
    I do hope you start feeling better soon!!! Hope everything is ok!
    Love the vid of you an Pat. Too cute together!!
    Get well soon,
    Your friend,
    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. James,

      I cannot remember the last time I clicked so immediately with someone as I did when I met Pat. Man do we ever get along well together.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Ron,
    Sorry you're having such problems especially after a great week. Sometimes it takes a while for the stones to pass, it took mine 3 weeks. Yes the drugs will make you woozy, don't drive! Hopefully the doctor can tell you what to avoid so you don't have future episodes. Meanwhile, get plenty of rest, drink lots of water (ugh) and this too will pass (pun intended). Keep us posted, we care.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack,

      I was very lucky my previous three experiences with kidney stones because they passed almost immediately. This one is proving to be difficult. I don't have the extreme pain but occasional soreness on my right side. I knew it is there. I see my urologist tomorrow. Hopefully we will get this thing resolved. Thank you for your concern.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron,

    Looks like you loaded up your entire playlist of videos again.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that Lar. I don't know how NOT to do that. I guess I have to do some studying. Always something.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. You and Pat should have gone skinny dipping there at the beach at night. So what if there were bright lights! You could have provided entertainment for anyone daring to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,

      We almost did!

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:56 PM

    Ron,

    Never experienced a kidney stone myself and after your ordeal I don't want to ever have one let alone 4!
    Checkin at Wikipedia about the stones and they have a good write up about them. Lemonade ( from fresh lemons not crystal lite )
    or orange juice help keep the citrus acid level up to disolve the stones. Lots and lots of water but I read that floridated water is
    not good so beware of city water. Also meat can cause stones and also sodium. You can study up on the different stones.
    Your urologist should be able to check out the stone you passed and tell you what caused it.
    Hurry and get back to the ole Ron !!
    Stuart in FL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuart,

      My appointment is tomorrow with my urologist. I hope I get this kidney stone blasted and then I can get back to my normal, crazy life.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Too bad Patrick doesn't play on my team! What a sweetheart! I am so glad you connected and are now good friends.
    Ron, we love you! Just take care of yourself and be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      You would love Patrick. He is such a sweetheart. So gentle yet masculine. Just the kind of guy I'm a pushover for.

      Ron

      Delete
  7. Hey Ron - I'm really late on this posting. As I'm retiring in 2 days (just two more shifts!!) my boss suggested I get a physical, So I was out first thing to the doctor's office and then off to work til late last nite. And after our great face timing I was tired and went to bed - and slept long. It's all finally caught up to me. But as anonymous says - there are some good natural ingredients that not only dissipate stones present but act preventatively against future stones. What ever it takes - we've got to get something into you so that you won't have to suffer with this and we all don't have to worry about you experiencing this again. Love all the blog topics you post - always with interest. I appreciate the blog readers' patience with the goofiness I am from time to time. Hey - but next time - let's take a dip.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,

      Looking forward to tackling this problem of producing kidney stones.

      Ron

      Delete