Monday, August 19, 2013

It's All Good Folks



Perhaps the shortest blog entry I've ever done folks.  All I can say is that it is all good.  

As you can see, I subjected my visitor to my habit of taking an old time photo.  How about these two hot Civil War soldiers?  Eh?

16 comments:

nitewrit said...

Ron,

Nice photo; however, seeing as you live in a southern state (according to the official U.S. divisions into regions) and Pat lives in Canada, definitely north, shouldn't your uniforms be reversed? Or are you spies?

Lar

anne marie in philly said...

under the influence of a margarita, no doubt! poor patrick!

Raybeard said...

Your new buddy's first time, then? You two have really hit it off big-time.

I wonder why we in England don't have similar historical dressing-up establishments. Maybe there are some but if so they're not publicised.
I know there are some clubs which re-enact past battles, but I think you've got to acquire the uniforms yourself. But, as far as I'm aware, there are none to costume oneself and be photographed.
(Actually we probably wouldn't be able to decide which part of our 2,000 year history to go back to! No, I'm NOT bragging our lengthy checkered history. Just pointing out a fact.)

pat888 said...

Way to go Ron - that was a lot of fun! I can see why you like visiting Yesteryear's Old Time Photos at Rehoboth Beach. Nice folks - who know and like you a lot - and great costumes and sets to shoot them in. Happy to take these photos home with me for the good memories of my time here with you!!

Pat

Harpers Keeper said...

Nothing better than a man in uniform, except maybe two!

Anonymous said...

COOL!

Peace <3
Jay

(shortest comment ever!)

Ur-spo said...

I've not been on line in a week - it's nice to see things are 'status quo'

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Love this photo. I hope the safety is on!!

Ron said...

Lar,

First of all, there is NO WAY I would ever appear in a Rebel uniform. Secondly, Canada IS a confederation so there is the link. Plus, Canada supported the Confederate states during the Civil War. This was a no brainer. Besides, I look better in blue.

Ron

Ron said...

Anne Maria,

I'm looking forward to you meeting Patrick. He will be at the Bloggerpalooza next April. You'll love him!

Ron

Ron said...

Ray,

You are VERY perceptive. Yes, Pat and I have hit it off big-time.

That is interesting in England that you don't have similar historical dressing-up establishments. Your country has so much history to choose from. Ours is rather limited to the past 250 years or so. I would like to do a historical picture of me as a knight during the War of the Roses. My ancestor is supposedly Sir Anthony de Tipton who was a knight for King Edward III. I would like to do a pose as him. The Tipton family originated in the Black Country of the Midlands. Maybe someday I'll visit. It's on my Bucket List.

Ron

Ron said...

Pat,

You are a sweetheart. Great fun having you down for a visit and thank you for indulging me in my obsession of taking Old Time Photos.

Ron

Ron said...

Harper's Keeper,

I do love me a man in uniform.....or two.

Ron

Ron said...

Shortest comment ever from Jay! VERY COOL!

Ron

Ron said...

Dr. Spo,

Things are going swimmingly here. Not really "status quo" but swimmingly (in a good way) ;)

Ron

Ron said...

OMG! I didn't even check.

My World Is Shrinking

  Me at eleven years old without a worry in the world. Year 1953.  My world has been shrinking this past year. Yesterday I woke up with a mi...