Sunday, August 11, 2013

Feeling Quite Better, Thank You

Me, 8:23 pm tonight.  None the worse for wear.


Here it is the day after and I am feeling much better, thank you.

This has been quite a year for me health wise.  Reminds me of the bad year Queen Elizabeth had in 1992 which she called "Annus Horribillis".  Yes folks, this past year has been quite a workout for me.  The bad, lingering cold last winter that never seemed to go away.  The prostate cancer and that whole painful, humiliating and long, drawn out procedure.  Then this kidney stone.  Believe me folks, if you haven't had a kidney stone passed, you DO NOT WANT TO EXPERIENCE THIS.  I felt like I was going down last night.  

This is the third time I've had a kidney stone pass. The first time was in 2001.  The second time 2007.  I hope this is the last time.  

Last night I had a good, deep sleep.  I got my two hour nap in this afternoon.  And right now, at 8:40 pm I am still tired.  A lot of my fatigue is from the continuing radiation from my seed implants.  I don't know how long that condition is going to last but I definitely notice a difference in my endurance since the seeds were implanted in me.

The agenda this week is to call my urologist tomorrow and tell him I passed yet another kidney stone and ask him if he want the one I passed.  

I'm working two days this week.  I don't think I have anything else planned.  It would be nice to coast through a week without any major hiccups.  

I am gearing up for Labor Day weekend in which I'll be working four days in a row, during the day. That should be fun.  The last blast of summer.

Right now I am so tired I'm thinking of just having a light snack before I retire to my book in bed to help me drift off to Slumber Land.  I've had enough excitement for this week.



See you all tomorrow!


17 comments:

  1. MWAH! check out kelly's blog for pix of our DC meetup at cubby's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne Marie,

      I'll do that. I couldn't find Kelly Stern's blog. I go to Cubby's.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:28 PM

    I hope you feel better. I will say a prayer for you.I like your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anonymous!

      Delete
  3. Book in bed! I am headed that way, too!
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite past times Jay, a "book in bed."

      Have a great day!

      Ron

      Delete
  4. You are still the soldier, my friend! I'm guessing rest and liquids are the order of the day. Sleep well.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,

      I'll take you up on that offer, rest and liquids!

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Anonymous10:40 PM

    Sorry you had to deal with a kidney stone passing! You are lucky you can actually pass one. A friend of mine in Selbyville Delaware ( way south
    of you ) had one that was bothering him and went to the urologist who went in and said she got it, only to find out on a trip going to South
    Carolina the next day that the pain struck like a knife in the back! He had to led his unlicensed son drive to get to the hospital. Fortunately,
    it was part of the Duke University System and the Urologist checked out his x rays and found all the woman in Delaware did was to shove it
    into his kidney. Now there was a danger of loosing the kidney! But the guy was good and was able to get the whole stone out with very
    little damage to the kidney. But the bill was $110,000 ! He had no insurance. But since he was going to South Carolina they did a transfer
    to the hospital there also part of the Duke system and they gave him follow up exams and then got him SC medicaid coverage that picked up
    the tab for the whole thing!! He was a Mountain Dew Man ! Liked it better than Beer or Booze. But the Doc told him NO more soda. He stopped
    the soda and no more stones. Also does drink some Beer now.
    Your doctor should be able to tell you what is causing the stones by their chemical makeup. Get it checked out. Some alcohol may be good
    for you. A nightly cock tail you might say.
    Hope I never get a kidney stone. My friend suffered for years with those things.
    Wish you a better day tomorrow now that it has passed. Lots of water now.
    Stuart in FL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stuart,

      Now I realize how lucky I really was just to have my kidney stone pass normally, even if it was very painful. I've heard of complications in passing kidney stones before but none as bad as your friend. One of my worries was that my kidney stone would pass when I was on our annual vacation south. And $110,000 for the bill? And I thought my $5,300 bill for my emergency room visit back in 2007 was bad. Wow.

      Today I'll call my urologist and arrange to give him my kidney stone. I don't drink soda, only iced tea. I probably don't drink enough water. Bill's been on my case for years about that. He drinks a lot of water and has never had a kidney stone and he's 84 years old.

      So now I've passed three kidney stones, all without complications except it was a very painful process. VERY PAINFUL. I hope I never have to go through that again.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you're doing well - - and I can truly attest to the fact that kidney stones are the most painful thing imaginable. I truly thought I was going to die. And after my kidney was damaged it hurt for years (I'm not joking).
    I feel just like the cat in your photo. All I want to do is hibernate.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,

      You're right about that, kidney stones are the most painful thing imaginable. It's the only time that I would take death over the continuing pain. Thank God for painkillers.

      I'm often like that cat in the photo Jon, just wanting to hibernate.

      Ron

      Delete
  7. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry for all you have been going through this year. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete