Sunday, August 25, 2013

Medical Update



Me a few minutes 


Good morning folks.  I wish I had good news this morning but I don't.  I haven't passed my kidney stone yet and I am getting concerned.  Believe me, I wish I could write about another subject this morning but this situation has me concerned.  This is the first time I haven't been able to pass a kidney stone (this is my fourth kidney stone attack) within hours of the excruciating pain phase.  

I am not in pain however I am experiencing nausea of varying degrees.  I suspect that is a result of the pain killers that I am taking with my prescription to relax my ureter tube so my kidney stone can pass.  

A fellow blogger, David Jeffreys left a comment on my previous blog posting which I think applies to my situation now:


I do believe that I am operating on one kidney now because my ureter tube from the other kidney is blocked.  I believe that because my urine flow isn't as strong as it usually is and the color of my urine, a too dark yellow, almost like the color of a marigold flower.  Plus I don't have a steady urine stream.  My apologies if I'm being too graphic but this is the only way I can explain my condition now.  I'm not one for tiptoeing around the facts.

I will call my urologist tomorrow and try to arrange an immediate appointment whether or not I pass this kidney stone today.  I'm already scheduled to see my urologist on September 9th as a followup to my brachytherapy surgery for my prostate cancer.  

I'll be honest with you folks, this situation now has me concerned.  I am a little distracted.  There are some other subjects I would rather be writing about this morning than my current medical situation.  There is so much I wanted to share with you about my visit last week with Pat from Toronto and the restaurants we visited.  I rarely have the opportunity to dine out with a friend or friends or to do other activity like taking a ride on the tall ship Kalmar Nyckel (which I've been wanting to do for years) but last week was an exception.  We, change that to me, even made a fool out of myself on the Rehoboth boardwalk because I had one too many Key Lime Pie martinis.  As another good blogger friend (and you know who he is) says "Jolly good fun!"  

So hopefully folks my next posting will be back to my usual fluff.  Too much seriousness the past few days.  

16 comments:

  1. Ron - please take a look at this product. I skimmed over it quickly (will re-read). I believe it's natural and seems to eliminate kidney stones and cleanse the kidneys.

    http://www.vitabob.com/kidney_stones.htm

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. I'll check it out.

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Eek! Horrible situation, Ron - but you're the who's living it. Hope this can all come to a gratifying and comfortable end very soon, and that you're back pottering around in your garden or wherever as usual by the time you're posting your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,

      I am SOOOOO looking forward to this latest medical crises to end. This is getting so old.

      Ron

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry you are going through this ordeal! Hopefully the stone is not lodged in the ureter and it will pass! Seeing your urologist tomorrow is an emergency. Keep us posted and I hope all will be fine very soon. I would love to hear more about the wonderful time you had with Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadege,

      I see my urologist tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I can get rid of this kidney stone which I still haven't passed. My next blog posting is about the "good stuff" that Pat and I did last week while he visited Delaware.

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Anonymous2:57 PM

    I have had them 3 times and I tell you I would rather give birth to triplets than go through it. Why don't you have them broken up? If I were you I wouldn't wait till tomorrow, those stones are causing damage to your kidney with scar tissue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous,

      I made an appointment with my urologist this morning for tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully we can get rid of this kidney stone one way or another.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Feel better soon, Ron!! My daughter has had a kidney stone a number of times... No fun! No fun at all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen,

      I second that emotion, having kidney stones is NO FUN. I just want to pass this one so I can get back to normal. Thank you for your concern.

      Ron

      Delete
  6. Ron,

    My gosh, Ron, what are you doing? I hope this is your last situation for a long while. Did somebody throw a switch on us this year with all these health issues in a row. Get better quick.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unbelievable isn't it Lar? Some year we're having. When does it get back to normal, dull and boring?

      Ron

      Delete
  7. In the meantime until tomorrow when you see your doctor, DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!! As much as you can -- go get a glass of water right now!

    I feel for you, been there done that.

    Ask your doctor about taking Moduretic 5/50 (or its generic). My urologist put me on it 20 years ago, and I have not developed any new stones since, as confirmed with a KUB x-ray. It keeps you from developing stones. I also take Allopurinol for gout, which also probably helps keep kidney stones at bay.

    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,

      Thank you again for your helpful advice. I've made an appointment this morning to see my urologist tomorrow at 2:30 pm. I still haven't passed my stone. I'm a little loopy now but I think that is because of the pain medication I'm taking. I am drinking LOTS OF WATER and feeling pretty bloated right now. Some "adventure" I'm going through now.

      Ron

      Delete
  8. no good news, that. bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Spo,

      A continuing drama here.

      Ron

      Delete