Thursday, May 12, 2011

Still Trying to Catch Up

My backyard Iris's with homemade bird perches


I knew when we went on our trip south last week I would fall off of my regular blogging routine.  Then I had the curve ball thrown to me of the regular full-time front desk clerk quitting at work.  I had to take her full-time shift until the hotel hires her replacement.  Resumes are received and interviews are being conducted but no clear candidate is in sight.  In the meantime I'm working every day except Mondays and Tuesdays.  Of course this comes at the worst time of the year.  Spring time is when I do most of my major yard work in preparation for the summer and fall season.  Thus, when I'm not working I'm out back, frantically and furiously taking advantage of the mild spring weather before the hot, muggy and mosquito infested days of summer are upon us.

I am a very orderly person.  Also referred got as very anal.  Guilty as charged.  The result of the disruption of my routine is that everything is thrown off.  The only thing I can advise is that if you're a regular reader of my blog, be patient.  I will be back to my routine.....eventually.

11 comments:

  1. Perhaps you should change the title of your Blog to "Trying to Retire in Delaware"?
    Just a thought.
    Miss you!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good suggestion Mark! This "retirement" thing just isn't working out the way I thought it would. I'm busier than ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron,

    How you holding up working full time again. I know i don't want to. Missing your regular blog posts a lot.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Larry,
    The full-time is just starting this week and will continue for three weeks. I am dreading it but I'll get though it. The season is almost in full bloom so I'll be very busy, especially next weekend. We have a wedding at the hotel. Weddings are always tough and these folks are coming down from New York so you KNOW what that's going to be like. VERY DEMANDING. Everybody wants a 'water view' and the perfect weather. If they don't get it, they take it out on the front desk clerk. Fun times ahead!
    Believe me, I miss my daily blog posts too as well as our FaceTime chats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ron, your iris's are stunning! What are the little plants at the base of them?

    So sorry to hear about your work needing you full time. I know how it feels to have no time to do the things that need to be done outside before it gets too hot. Onc day we'll quit getting below freezing and I'll be able to actually plant my garden and flowers.

    Have a great afternoon,
    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Mark's suggestion too! And we do appreciate even a quick posting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite flowers. Do you have any blue ones?

    ReplyDelete
  8. aviewfromthemeadow,

    Unfortunately I don't have any blue ones. I only happened to have these because the man who built my Purple Martin house asked me if I wanted them. I didn't know what color they were and I didn't have room for them but I found room. Now that I am reminded how beautiful Irises are I will have to get some blue ones because they are truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. tigerchanter,

    Thank you for your comment. I lost it because of Blogger maintenance so that's why it isn't posted. I will try to get off at least a short posting each day. I'll be glad when I can get back to my regular routine because that is what I truly love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. paradykes has left a new comment on your post "Still Trying to Catch Up":

    Ron, your iris's are stunning! What are the little plants at the base of them?

    So sorry to hear about your work needing you full time. I know how it feels to have no time to do the things that need to be done outside before it gets too hot. Onc day we'll quit getting below freezing and I'll be able to actually plant my garden and flowers.

    Have a great afternoon,
    Bobbie

    Thank you Bobbie,
    I lost your comment due to Blogger maintenance so I have to post it this way. The 'plant' at the bottom of the Iris stand are weeds believe it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  11. tigerchanter has left a new comment on your post "Still Trying to Catch Up":

    I like Mark's suggestion too! And we do appreciate even a quick posting!

    tigerchanter,

    I was able to cut and past your comment from my e-mail. I hope Blogger is done with their maintenance issues.

    ReplyDelete