Monday, May 30, 2011

Spo Shirt

My garish Spo Shirt on the man himself, Dr. Spo


Yesterday, shortly after I arrived at work I heard my harp ringtone on my iPhone.  I pull my iPhone out of my pocket and who do I see that is requesting FaceTime?  One of my very favorite blogging buddies, Dr. Spo.  Luckily I didn't have any guests at the front desk nor was my boss/owner around so I answered Dr. Spo's request for FaceTime.

As Dr. Spo's warm and friendly visage (and very attractive I might add) flooded the face of my iPhone I saw he was holding a riotously colorful shirt.  I recognized that material.  It was the material I sent to Dr. Spo a few months ago to have my very own custom made Dr. Spo "Jolly Good Time" Shirt.

Dr. Spo wanted me to see the shirt, which includes the sun on the pocket (no easy task to place it there I was told) which was completed all but for the buttons.  Take a look, doesn't it look fabulous?

I suspect that the material I sent Dr. Spo wasn't one he would have chosen (just a hunch) but I do appreciate him working with my garish taste to produce this one of a kind shirt.  Actually I am  quite thrilled that I was one of the Select Few chosen to have my very own Spo Shirt.

I have a tendency to be very cynical about life and people but it is kind folks like Dr. Spo that restore my faith and hope in the goodness of people and life.

I just hope he remembers that I wanted rhinestone buttons on my Spo Shirt.

14 comments:

  1. Isn't Dr. Spo just one handsome devil? Couldn't you just hug him to death? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly4:26 PM

    suh-WEET shirt! rhinestone buttons, eh? interesting! you lucky dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tai,

    You like the colors of my shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne Marie,

    I was just kidding about the rhinestones. They would clash with the pattern. I'll leave the button selection up to Dr. Spo's good taste. By the way, I'll be in Philly in a few weeks. Would you like to do lunch? Give me your cell phone number and I'll call you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it. Can't wait to see it on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent choice in material.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rick,

    I'm glad you like it. The colors and pattern remind me of a favorite shirt that I had when I was a teenager. A long time ago. When I go downtown in that shirt I will be noticed, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tai,

    A 'loud' shirt is a departure for me. As you can see I usually wear plain blue shirts or white. Time to live it up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are SO the lucky one! (And so is Dr Spo.)

    About 20 years ago I began to think even then that I was becoming too old to get away with wearing bright, flamboyant colours. But now, coming out the other end, I'd now say "Go for it - and don't give a hoot as to what others might think. Wear what you want, after all, it's YOUR life!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rhinestones?
    You think I am tailor to Liberace?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spo buttons will be just fine. I was kidding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My tailor's assistant, AKA Someone, whose specialty it is to sew on buttons, has been slack this week. Tomorrow he is being threatend to finish the job or else.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so looking forward to wearing this shirt. I'm sure I will receive many compliments and comments. You can be sure I will relay them all to you.

    ReplyDelete