Monday, May 23, 2011

Grand Aunt Daisy

My Grand Aunt Daisy talking to my cousin Anne Tipton on the iPhone -first time Aunt Daisy has used the iPhone - picture is indeed worth a thousand words


This is a correction to my previous posting about my 'cousin Daisy." My friend and fellow blogger sent me a comment that in Vietnam my relationship with my 'cousin", who is the daughter of my great-grandfather would be my great aunt. I check my relationship calculator in my Ancestry.com account and he is right, Daisy is my great aunt. Now none of this is of probably any interest regular readers of my blog who are used to me either complaining about working too much, getting old, or reminiscing about my glory days. But it is of great interest to me and my GREAT AUNT Daisy. I will call her as soon as I can and inform her that she is my aunt.

Now, just to make this a 'regular' blog posting, I received a call today from my manager at the hotel. He asked if I could come into work tomorrow to fill in for another co-worker who has a family emergency. Of course I said "yes" and there goes my two days off. It was nice while it lasted. Well, at least I got something done today. I canceled the 10 ton delivery of top soil and instead ordered a six cubic yard delivery to make the raised island to surround my three new and expensive river birch trees. Again, nothing of great interest to the average reader of my blog but this is what is going on in my life now.

I am looking forward with great anticipation to getting back into my regular schedule. There is just too much going on in this retiree's life right now. There I go complaining again.

Thank you Tai for notifying me of my error.

16 comments:

  1. I have some big feet on me don't I? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a sweet photo, regardless of the relation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron,

    Wow, so now not only are you working full time, you are also working overtime.

    I would hate that. I had my fill of those days of long hours and extra days. I have a life to live while I still have one.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  4. She may feel older than she is if you call her Aunt instead of Cousin. Think about it!
    Your Friend, m.
    p.s. I like big feet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what they say about big feet! It's all relative anyway, aunt, cousin, big feet...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lar,

    I'm having trouble logging into my Blogger account. I'm growing disenchanted with my Blogger account. I may go to WordPress

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spo,

    You recognized the sweetness of the photo/video too. I wasn't aware that Bill had taken it but I'm glad he did. It is a memory that I can treasure forever of me and my great aunt Daisy. Of such small things in life, this make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tai,

    I thank you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Larry,

    I finally got Blogger to work. I couldn't log in. Who knows why? It's working now though. Yes, I'm not happy working full-time and having my hours constantly switched. My system is all screwed up. It will probably take me a month to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeff,

    Yes, I do know what they say about big feet. :) I didn't find that out until a few years ago. In my case it is true. I wonder who came up with that study? Now that would be interesting to participate. I have to say that anyone I met with small feet were not the exception to the rule. Very interesting how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ron,

    You were having trouble logging in to your account. I can't seem to log out of mine. It just keeps going back to the dashboard.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lar,

    I had a similar problem. I kept putting in my password but it would jump back to the e-mail address. I didn't do anything different. I rebooted my computer and the same problem. I assigned myself a different password and I still couldn't get past the 'jumping' bit. Finally I went into my profile and backed into my account. It's working now. Blogger is definitely having problems. Of course the first thing we think when we have a problem is that we did something wrong. I'm finding with Blogger, it's the program, not us. I guess they cut back on staff to save money.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mark,
    I have very pretty feet too! Unlike my friend Big Bog who has size 15 feet but they are flat as pancakes. I've always been proud of my 'arches." :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spo,

    My Aunt Daisy is a sweet lady. I wish I had known her sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ron,

    Google did some kind of changes in their system a few days ago. I had a series of emails from Google all month telling me they were doing this. It said it would make 60 plus new apps available. I had a notice on May 18 that the "Google Apps Infrastructure Transition" was completed. I see they have known issues with log-ins and with Blogs that had completely disappeared for a bit. I guess this should include log-outs.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete