Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Back to the Routine


I am so glad to be back home.  While our trip south was great, both of us are very happy to be at our home in Delaware.  I think Bill has a new appreciation for the flatlands of coastal Delaware after all those twisty, winding, "wiggly" roads through the mountains of Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina.  

Our trip has provided me with a lot of new fodder for future blog postings which I am looking forward to writing.  But for now our goal is just to get back to our regular routine.  

Tomorrow I begin a regular work schedule at the hotel.  I'm filling in for the full-time front desk clerk who gave her notice a couple of weeks ago.  She stayed an extra week last week while I was on vacation.  Now I'll fill in for her until the hotel hires a new full-time front desk clerk.  So this means I probably won't have as much time to devote to my blog postings.  That may be good news to some, but I'm just putting it out there.

Also, now that the nice weather has arrived I'll be spending a lot more time outside doing yard work, which I love.  Yard work and blogging are perhaps my two favorite pastimes.  

So for now I must leave to wash my car (exciting stuff) and visit the East Coast Gardens for purchase three river birch trees.  Bill finally gave his approval to plant an island of those trees wright outside my bedroom window to cutdown on the hot, afternoon summer sun.  Also to provide me with a beautiful view outside my bedroom window.

Oh, one more thing, the bluebirds have build their nest and are carefully watching their five baby bluebird blue eggs.  This is such good news because last year the sparrows ran them out.  The two years previously we had two batches of bluebirds raised in that birdhouse.  I am glad they got their routine back on track too.  It's all good.


7 comments:

  1. I love routine. It feels good.
    Yes, you are quite the Blogger, my Friend. My only problem is that sometimes, by the time I get around Bloggerville, you posted two or three times. And then I miss something. I know, I need to be quicker. m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,
    Not to worry about keeping up with my posts. Now that the nice weather is upon us, I'll be slowing down. Just not enough hours in the day. How did you like my video of the kids at Tipton-Haynes being told the story of the "Three Little Piggies and the Big Bad Wolf"? Weren't they cute?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the saying goes, "There's no place like home"! Don't worry about slowing down on your blogging, we'll just have to savor each one a little more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Tiger. I just got in from planting a whole tray of Impatiens. I love working outside in this gorgeous weather but it is definitely eating into mr blogging time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sounds all so pleasant
    when you are finished, I have lots of yard work here for you to do next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Spo,

    Doing yard work if my way of relaxing, much the same way as your relax by making Hawaiian shirts. Some others like to play golf. Me, I like to pull weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Dr. Spo. I'll take the next plane out to your palatial oasis in Phoenix. You asked for it.

    ReplyDelete