Monday, May 09, 2011

Back Home In Delaware



Well folks, we arrived home (thank goodness!) yesterday morning safe and sound.  What a week!  We're still recovering.  Now to get settled in and renew our regular routine I am posting this video that I took last Thursday at the Tipton-Haynes Historic Site that we visited in Johnson City, Tennessee.  Bill and I were waiting around to meet my cousin Anne Tipton (who I've never met face to face) at 1 pm.  In the meantime we had time to kill so I wandered into one of the activity rooms and videotaped this adorable telling of the story of "The Big Bad Wolf and the Three Little Piggies" to a group of second graders who were out on a class field trip.  This is what I like about taking a Road Trip, you never know what you're going to run into.  That reminds me of Forest Gump and why he liked a box of chocolates "You never know what you're going to get."  

Let me just say this, we had a fabulous and very interesting trip.  Was it tiring?  Absolutely.  Are we exhausted?  For certain.  Hey, it will take us at least a week to unwind and get back in The Rut again.  But, no matter how much this trip pushed us to the limit, it was well worth it.  Now we have a whole new set of memories. And oh boy do we ever!  I will share many of those new memories with you in some of my future blog postings.  

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're home and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cubby. It's good to be home again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. after all there is no place like it.

    ReplyDelete