Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Michelle Obama Speech at DNC 2016


Last night I saw perhaps the best political speech I've ever seen at a political convention ever. 

I've been watching political conventions since 1956.  I've seen a lot of political speeches folks.  But I have to tell you last night's speech by Michelle Obama was the best I've ever seen.

I almost missed seeing this speech.  I was scheduled to work at the hotel last night.  But because my garage door is broke (spring has sprung), my car is trapped in our garage. I had to call another co-worker to take my shift last night. Thanks Don!

So, while I was at my computer, updating my online Scrabble boards on Facebook, with my TV as wallpaper, I was half listening to the convention coverage.  

There were several good speeches.  Plus all the drama going on about the Wikileaks e-mail scandal at the DNC. But when Michelle Obama was a few minutes into her speech, I had to put aside my frivolous Scrabble games and listen to her.  

In case you missed her speech, I have posted it in full at the top of this blog. 

Thank you Michelle.

6 comments:

  1. She's a class act, Ron. Nobody else comes even close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:47 PM

    With all due respect, I listened to Michelle's speech and was taken aback that her speech concentrated on children and kids. It is a well known fact that the Democrats favor abortion. Hillary Clinton especially favors partial birth abortion, where a child/fetus can be expelled out of a woman's uterus by having their brains and bodies cut in two, up to and including five minutes before natural child birth. Also, Hillary does not believe a baby is a full human being until 2 to 3 years of age. Look it up. Google it.
    If anyone is a good example of a parent, one should look at the exemplary five children of Donald Trump. Did you find one thing wrong with his offspring?
    Chelsea Clinton is following quite nicely in her lying parents footsteps.
    Michelle Obama had some nerve talking about kids and that little black boy who asked Obama if he was going to have hair like Obama. WTF was that supposed to mean? Another hair insult to Trump?
    You Democrats are some stupid morons.
    Michelle only wants her husband's ACA legacy to continue. That's the only reason why she touted Clinton. Try to remember the Obama's actually hate & despise Bill and Hillary.
    Get a life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She made her points without name calling and horrid words and faces. She is so poised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron - I know this is a particularly interesting race from all sides. I've never been to a Canadian political convention but I would probably thing they don't hold the amazing energy (to a frenzy) to what goes on south of the border. Looking forward to the debates.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our politics are never dull Pat. I admit it, I'm a political junkie.
      Ron

      Delete