Sunday, July 31, 2016

Captain Kahn



Folks, I am really trying to stay away from politics on this blog because I know I'm not going to change anyone's mind who they're going to vote for. But I feel compelled to share this video from the Democratic National Convention. I was fortunate enough to see this speech live and was taken aback by the genuine plea of the parents of a dead soldier who died in Afghanistan, who just happened to be Muslim.  The father makes a powerful statement and asks the Republican nominee for the presidency of the United State a powerful question:  


"Donald Trump, have you ever read the Constitution of the United States?"

7 comments:

  1. Ron - He is a very good speaker. Very moving. I'm guessing he and his family are doing well in America. That speech was very direct, balanced with points and emotion - and there were no notes. Good man.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      It is rare that we see such genuine emotion. It is refreshing.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. I was moved beyond words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John,
      This family has suffered the ultimate sacrifice. I have all the respect in the world for them and all families who have lost family members while on duty protecting our freedoms.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. I too was very moved. And he rises a very good point to Trump. Way before Trump was involved in these politics, I couldn't stand this pompous ass. I swear, he thinks he is perfect. I have never had such distain for a worthless human in all my life. I have met Ivana Trump....how she was married to him so long...I'll never know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. misstress maddie,
      I used to like Trump. I found him entertaining. But now that I have learned more about him I realize he is a soulless human being devoid of any empathy for other human beings. In Donald Trump's world, no one matters except Donald Trump.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I lost a brrotherin Vietnam so understand the pain of losing a loved one and witnessing my parents sufferng...but Mr. Kahn is connected to the Clinton Foundation and was used by DNC to attack Trump. I can appreciate Trumps defending himself. I question the motivation of the Khans getting in the middle of a nasty election. If you get up and use your dead son as a poilical weapon you should expect to get it too.

    ReplyDelete