Thursday, January 01, 2015

Happy New Year 2015



Happy New Year folks!  I'm a little late but my wishes are the same for all of my faithful followers.  Thank you so much for following my blog this past year.  You are all appreciated, even the occasional Internet troll who tries to push my buttons (you know who you are).  

So what did I do New Year's Eve?  I worked at the hotel of course.  Last night we almost had a full house.  That was unusual because in years' past we were, at the most, half full.  So the economy must be booming, for some people anyway.  

Even though most of our hotel rooms were occupied, all the guests were sweethearts.  We even had newlyweds.  All happy folk last night. No grumps.

So what does the new year bring for Ron?  Well folks, I'm thinking of starting a new blog.  Now don't get your panties in a twist (to quote my good friend The Cajun), this will be an additional blog.  I've been looking at the Word Press blog establishment and I like the clean format of their blogs.  I've tried Word Press before but I found them somewhat constricting and difficult to figure out.  But, even in my reduced mental capacity these days (I am getting OLD you know), I'll give it another go. Of course a new blog has to have a theme (the good ones do anyway).  

This blog will have the theme of GETTING OLDER, which folks, is my status now.  Any way you cut it, at 73 and creaking along, I'm approaching ANCIENT territory.  And I think it's time to blog about it.  Oh sure, I like to stay upbeat and positive but the elephant in the room is my impending doom slow deterioration health factor.  I can kid myself that I'm one of those 40 or 50 year old younguns who seem to populate the blog world these days but no two ways about it, I am an Old Geezer and not getting any younger.  I think that factor bears a separate blog of its own.  Especially since I will be delving into my past history (again) for which some of my blog readers have chastised me about. Yep, I'm going to go there again because I want to and because it is my blog, so there.

Another night of work at the hotel and them I'm off for two weeks.  Next week is the Big Trip to LA.  I'm meeting my Toronto Pal (Pat) at LAX on January 7th.  We will be staying in Hollywood (where else) until the 17th, at which time we will be boarding SEPARATE planes on the 17th for Philadelphia.  Don't ask me why we're going on separate planes, it is a LONG story. 

So here we go folks.  I wish you all a very happy and stupendous New Year.  I hope you all get everything that you wish for.  For me, I'll keep trudging along until something befalls me and I can no longer write.  I've already made arrangements with our dear mutual friend and favorite blogger, Dr. Spo, to inform you all when I am no longer blogging.  

Mazel tov everyone!



20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My best to you Bob!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Right back at you David!
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Don't think I've wished you specifically for NY yet, Ron - so this is it! Hope you have materialising for you as close to dammit as many of your wishes as is realistic. (You get my meaning, I'm sure.) Good health being at the top of the list, naturally.
    Looking forward to reading your continuing posts, as we all hasten reluctantly in the same direction - and the best for me is to be right behind you though (who knows?) could well overtake!
    Best wishes to Bill and Pat too.
    See you later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ray. My best to you for the new year. May you see nothing but 8 or above rated movies!
      Ron

      Delete
    2. Ron, seeing the odd clunker of a film helps to make one recognise true quality in others, though no way do I want to be put through having to see a lot of the former before a 'jewel' comes along.

      Delete
    3. Ray,
      I like all movies, even the bad ones. About the only exceptions are the ones with gratuitous sex and/or violence. Watching that type of "film making" is a waste of my time and insults my intelligence. Much like a Seth Rogan, James Flakko movie does now.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron,

    Nice picture at the end…you look very Republican.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      I was a Republican in my former life but the two war criminals (Bush and Cheney) cured me of that affliction.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. Hope the year 2015 treats us all well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise. I hope you have a wonderful New Year as well.

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year!!!

    I agree about Wordpress. It took me no time to figure out blogger, but now I am on a Wordpress server (my own), so I've had to do it all from scratch. It takes some doing, but it can be done!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      I"ve always been attracted to the clean and simple lines of Word Press. I (think) I'm up for the challenge. Last time at my Word Press account, it was just a bit too onerous for me. I couldn't do all the "fun" things I wanted to do with my blog. I'll get around that this time by keeping both blogs.
      Ron

      Delete
  7. First of all, I've never considered you to be an "old geezer". Starting a new blog is a great idea and I know yours will be successful. As for me, I have trouble handling one blog. Can't wait to read your impressions of Los Angeles. Have a fantastic 2015, Ron, and all the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jon. As usual you are always so kind an generous with your comments, I had another blog but I just couldn't' keep up with it. In fact, I have two other blogs (one genealogy), couldn't' keep up with either one of them. I'm going to try and give it a try this year though. I love blogging. And I am very much looking forward to visiting and living in Los Angels, even if for only ten days. Hopefully that amount of time will enable me to get a "flavor" of the place I've heard so much about my entire life. A place where I thought I would never visit but here I am, a few days away from visiting the fabled Sunset Strip and I ow that to my blogging. If it were not for my blogging I would never have met Pat and thus never have been able to take that trip to LA. Should be interesting and fun.
      Ron

      Delete
  8. May 2015 be your best year yet !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dr. Spo. I have a feeling 2015 just might possibly be my best year yet . . . . if not my last year. (smile)

      Delete
    2. Oh gawd here we go, another year of dying. I shall come to Delaware and personally push you into the grave!

      Delete
    3. Oh how I love pushing your buttons Dr. Spo! :)

      Delete