Thursday, January 22, 2015

Little Tokyo, Los Angeles

I would have brought this T-shirt but it was $38.00 so we had to "borrow" it - same message applies

One of Pat's favorite hangouts while we were in Los Angeles, besides the Veggie Grill in West Hollywood, was Little Tokyo in downtown Los Angeles.  Here is a short video of the last evening we spent in Little Tokyo, a delightful, bustling, oasis right in central Los Angeles.  The Doubletree Hotel is nearby.  I think next year when we vacation in L.A. that's where we'll stay at the Doubletree hotel with the panoramic views of downtown Los Angeles.  I've always liked the view of city lights at night from a high rise building.  I liked the B & B where we were staying but I did miss the spaciousness and the views.  I'm still undecided if we will spend the whole ten days next January in L.A. or break it up and go to San Diego.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Doubletree Hotel Downtown Los Angeles

This is the first in a series of short videos I will be posting of our ten day stay in Los Angeles.  I have a lot of them folks.  I couldn't post them while we were in L.A. because of the slow Internet.  So be forewarned, LOTS of pictures and videos of our California dream vacation coming up.

By the way, snow on the ground here today.  Check out my new banner photo.

Have a great day!  

12 comments:

  1. Great voi video Ron. I sure looked wasted by then. Oh - and interestingly I heard your voice but didn't see your mouth move! Neat little space tho isn't it. And, yes, you can buy a coffee there for only $4.50 - but they say it's exceptional.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I still haven't mastered how to take a selfie video of myself that includes my whole face! I loved the Little Tokyo space. What a great place to hang out. Wish I was there right now having a coffee which was very good by the way. The only downer was the occasional homeless person harassing us.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. From the guy who hadn't flown in over a decade to planning a year ahead, in a matter of months. I have spent more time in San Diego then LA. I like San Diego. I'd have a hard time deciding between the two. I understand there is a nice Amtrak run between the two cities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David,
      Not only am I planning next January's excursion to California, I'm planning a trip this spring to Philly and Pittsburgh and then August to visit Toronto and the Canadian International Exhibition, which we attended last year and was great fun, especially with Dr. Spo and Someone.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron,

    Welcome back to the land of chill. Yes, a little snow and more coming Saturday…and next Monday and the Saturday after that. Put some pix on Facebook of my walk this morning. Pretty with the snow. Also had some deer pose for me.

    My next travel is tomorrow…to the Doctor. Had blood work on Monday and now they want to see me. Here we go, gonna try and send me on the medical merry-go-round, I bet.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lar,
      Just tried to call you on FaceTime again a few minutes ago. I guess you're on that Medical merry-go-round about now. I have to work (for Monica) tonight. I'll try and call you again tomorrow.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I always enjoy watching the videos. The thing I remember most about the Little Tokyo area were the flowers. Every morning at dawn there were thousands of fresh flowers on display for sale. It was a treat just to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      Thank you for the encouragement about watching my videos. I took quite a few of them while we were in L.A. which I would like to post. I was a bit concerned with boring my followers with the videos but they are pretty good so I'll post them anyway. We really did have a great time. Can't wait until we go back and explore some more. We didn't even scratch the surface.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. I am loving the travelogue! Please keep it up!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      Thank you for the encouragement. I'm posting more of the L.A. travelogue today!
      Ron

      Delete
  6. Nice to have a moving 'taster' of your experiences, with sound. Looking forward to the many more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      You know you're encouraging me to post more don't you? And I don't take much encouragement. More are on the way.
      Ron

      Delete