Sunday, December 15, 2013

My Life



Have you ever been in one of those situations where you saw your life pass before your eyes?  I have……several times.  

I've had this happen several times when I've been in a dangerous situation in which I felt like I was losing or lost control.  Recently, this past Labor Day on my third visit to the ER with my kidney stone drama I thought I was passing onto the Great Beyond.  I was resigned to my fate but the tears did well up in my eyes when I saw Bill standing over by the wall, helpless what to do as I was writhing in agonizing pain, praying that I would pass out of anything just to stop the pain.  It was at that moment that I thought I was really going out and I was ready but the tears were flowing down my cheeks.  However, what happened was the double dose of pain killers kicked in and I was soon in La La Land, having been given another reprieve on life.

This morning while I was plowing through my backlog of e-mails in my AOL account (who still has AOL you ask? ME!)  I came across this collage of photos that I've posted to my Retired in Delaware blog account over the years.  These pictures are only a small representation of the photos I've posted on my blog since I started it in 2006 but they do give you a fair representation of my life….literally passing before your eyes.  Not that I have had a particularly unique life (I think I have) but I think everyone has an equally diverse and interesting life.  I just happen to be one of those people who record much of my life by photographs and post them to my blog.

I hope you enjoy these photos as much as I did.  I am so glad that I can blog and share my life with all my blogger friends.  






















19 comments:

  1. Great collage, Ron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nadege!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. I see you posted my ugly mug up there. and some of my boyfriends too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're beautiful Anne Marie and don't let anybody tell you any different!

      Ron

      Delete
    2. yeah, I know. don't h8 me cause I'm beautiful! ;-)

      and HOW did I get such handsome boyfriends anyway?

      Delete
    3. Anne Marie,
      Naw, I don't hate you because you're boot-ef-ful - we all love you!
      Ron

      Delete
  3. WOW! Very cool, Ron!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,

      I thought so too!

      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron

    And as every picture tells a story - you keep us entertained with all types!!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,

      You're always so kind and generous with your remarks. Thank you.

      Ron

      Delete
  5. Indeed: this is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like me photos.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that's one helluva major collage. A lot of interesting photos - your family photos are always great. I also randomly noticed Bette Davis, Glinda the Good Witch of the North, Downton Abbey, Wal-Mart, Frankenstein, Mickey Mouse, and some cute guy in a blue shirt and a cowboy hat (no, it wasn't me.....).
    Impressive stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon,
      Interesting collection isn't it? We all have these various phases of our life, I just happen to have the photos which Google arranged for me. I have more! Glad you enjoyed them.

      Ron

      Delete
  7. I recall quite a number of these - which only goes to show that they did make a memorable impression on first appearance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Thank you! I have more!
      Ron

      Delete
  8. an excellent hour spend on a bone chilling Monday afternoon in North Georgis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roger,
      Glad you enjoyed them Roger.
      Ron

      Delete
  9. Ron,

    What you found and used as collages was the collections of photos you uploaded to illustrate your posts. These are your photos in the Picasso Photo Albums you can tech through your Google dashboard. If you accidentally lose a photo on your computer, you can go to Picasso and get it back if you ever used it in your Blog. I've had to do that a couple times.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete